'How I Met Your Mother': Series Finale Details; Will the Mother Die?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 11, 2014 5:01 PM EST
The script for the last episode of "How I Met Your Mother" is complete, and on Feb. 8, series co-creator Carter Bays took to his Twitter account to announce the news.
How I Met Your Mother cast celebrates 200th episode (Photo: HowIMetYourMotherCBS/facebook)
"Just read a beautiful script by my favorite writer. His name is @HimymCraig and it's the #HIMYM finale and I can't deal with this right now," he wrote.
While Bays did not divulge much about how the show is going to end when it airs its last episode on March 31, speculations are rife that the mother, played by Cristin Milioti, will be shown as dead.
And, if the rumors are true, the co-creators had planned it all as far back as 2006. Craig Thomas, during a recent Reddit chat, admitted that the ending was shot almost eight years back.
"We have not changed the very end of series at all. In fact, we shot part of it back in 2006, before Ted's kids got much older! We just looked at that footage, which will factor into the end of the series -- it totally worked and was kind of haunting to watch! Shot 8 years ago and it will now help end our series on March 31st, 2014!" he noted.
Here are some reasons why we think Milioti's character will die in the end:
It was only in 2030 that Ted Mosby, the narrator, decided to tell his children the story of how he met their mother. Many feel that Ted is spilling his heart out to his children because their mother is dead, and he wants them to know her better.
Cobie Smulders, who plays Robin Scherbatsky, recently said that she started weeping after she learned the details of the ending of "How I Met Your Mother."
"I immediately started weeping and had to leave. Like, I had to leave," Smulders told IGN.
In an episode in season eight, Ted talks about wanting "that extra 45 days with you," and fans believe death for Mrs. Mosby is imminent.
"Exactly 45 days from now, you and I are going to meet," Ted says in "The Time Travelers" episode. "We're going to fall in love and we're going to get married, and we're going to have two kids. We're going to love them and each other so much. All that is 45 days away, but I'm here now, I guess because I want those extra 45 days with you. I want each one of them...I am always going to love you. Until the end of my days and beyond."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko