'How I Met Your Mother': Series Finale Details; Will the Mother Die?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 11, 2014 5:01 PM EST
The script for the last episode of "How I Met Your Mother" is complete, and on Feb. 8, series co-creator Carter Bays took to his Twitter account to announce the news.
How I Met Your Mother cast celebrates 200th episode (Photo: HowIMetYourMotherCBS/facebook)
"Just read a beautiful script by my favorite writer. His name is @HimymCraig and it's the #HIMYM finale and I can't deal with this right now," he wrote.
While Bays did not divulge much about how the show is going to end when it airs its last episode on March 31, speculations are rife that the mother, played by Cristin Milioti, will be shown as dead.
And, if the rumors are true, the co-creators had planned it all as far back as 2006. Craig Thomas, during a recent Reddit chat, admitted that the ending was shot almost eight years back.
"We have not changed the very end of series at all. In fact, we shot part of it back in 2006, before Ted's kids got much older! We just looked at that footage, which will factor into the end of the series -- it totally worked and was kind of haunting to watch! Shot 8 years ago and it will now help end our series on March 31st, 2014!" he noted.
Here are some reasons why we think Milioti's character will die in the end:
It was only in 2030 that Ted Mosby, the narrator, decided to tell his children the story of how he met their mother. Many feel that Ted is spilling his heart out to his children because their mother is dead, and he wants them to know her better.
Cobie Smulders, who plays Robin Scherbatsky, recently said that she started weeping after she learned the details of the ending of "How I Met Your Mother."
"I immediately started weeping and had to leave. Like, I had to leave," Smulders told IGN.
In an episode in season eight, Ted talks about wanting "that extra 45 days with you," and fans believe death for Mrs. Mosby is imminent.
"Exactly 45 days from now, you and I are going to meet," Ted says in "The Time Travelers" episode. "We're going to fall in love and we're going to get married, and we're going to have two kids. We're going to love them and each other so much. All that is 45 days away, but I'm here now, I guess because I want those extra 45 days with you. I want each one of them...I am always going to love you. Until the end of my days and beyond."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate