'How I Met Your Mother': Series Finale Details; Will the Mother Die?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 11, 2014 5:01 PM EST
The script for the last episode of "How I Met Your Mother" is complete, and on Feb. 8, series co-creator Carter Bays took to his Twitter account to announce the news.
How I Met Your Mother cast celebrates 200th episode (Photo: HowIMetYourMotherCBS/facebook)
"Just read a beautiful script by my favorite writer. His name is @HimymCraig and it's the #HIMYM finale and I can't deal with this right now," he wrote.
While Bays did not divulge much about how the show is going to end when it airs its last episode on March 31, speculations are rife that the mother, played by Cristin Milioti, will be shown as dead.
And, if the rumors are true, the co-creators had planned it all as far back as 2006. Craig Thomas, during a recent Reddit chat, admitted that the ending was shot almost eight years back.
"We have not changed the very end of series at all. In fact, we shot part of it back in 2006, before Ted's kids got much older! We just looked at that footage, which will factor into the end of the series -- it totally worked and was kind of haunting to watch! Shot 8 years ago and it will now help end our series on March 31st, 2014!" he noted.
Here are some reasons why we think Milioti's character will die in the end:
It was only in 2030 that Ted Mosby, the narrator, decided to tell his children the story of how he met their mother. Many feel that Ted is spilling his heart out to his children because their mother is dead, and he wants them to know her better.
Cobie Smulders, who plays Robin Scherbatsky, recently said that she started weeping after she learned the details of the ending of "How I Met Your Mother."
"I immediately started weeping and had to leave. Like, I had to leave," Smulders told IGN.
In an episode in season eight, Ted talks about wanting "that extra 45 days with you," and fans believe death for Mrs. Mosby is imminent.
"Exactly 45 days from now, you and I are going to meet," Ted says in "The Time Travelers" episode. "We're going to fall in love and we're going to get married, and we're going to have two kids. We're going to love them and each other so much. All that is 45 days away, but I'm here now, I guess because I want those extra 45 days with you. I want each one of them...I am always going to love you. Until the end of my days and beyond."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments