'How I Met Your Mother': Series Finale Details; Will the Mother Die?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 11, 2014 5:01 PM EST
The script for the last episode of "How I Met Your Mother" is complete, and on Feb. 8, series co-creator Carter Bays took to his Twitter account to announce the news.
How I Met Your Mother cast celebrates 200th episode (Photo: HowIMetYourMotherCBS/facebook)
"Just read a beautiful script by my favorite writer. His name is @HimymCraig and it's the #HIMYM finale and I can't deal with this right now," he wrote.
While Bays did not divulge much about how the show is going to end when it airs its last episode on March 31, speculations are rife that the mother, played by Cristin Milioti, will be shown as dead.
And, if the rumors are true, the co-creators had planned it all as far back as 2006. Craig Thomas, during a recent Reddit chat, admitted that the ending was shot almost eight years back.
"We have not changed the very end of series at all. In fact, we shot part of it back in 2006, before Ted's kids got much older! We just looked at that footage, which will factor into the end of the series -- it totally worked and was kind of haunting to watch! Shot 8 years ago and it will now help end our series on March 31st, 2014!" he noted.
Here are some reasons why we think Milioti's character will die in the end:
It was only in 2030 that Ted Mosby, the narrator, decided to tell his children the story of how he met their mother. Many feel that Ted is spilling his heart out to his children because their mother is dead, and he wants them to know her better.
Cobie Smulders, who plays Robin Scherbatsky, recently said that she started weeping after she learned the details of the ending of "How I Met Your Mother."
"I immediately started weeping and had to leave. Like, I had to leave," Smulders told IGN.
In an episode in season eight, Ted talks about wanting "that extra 45 days with you," and fans believe death for Mrs. Mosby is imminent.
"Exactly 45 days from now, you and I are going to meet," Ted says in "The Time Travelers" episode. "We're going to fall in love and we're going to get married, and we're going to have two kids. We're going to love them and each other so much. All that is 45 days away, but I'm here now, I guess because I want those extra 45 days with you. I want each one of them...I am always going to love you. Until the end of my days and beyond."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air