Uncharted 4 Gets Teased Again, Naughty Dog Considering The Last of Us 2, Wins D.I.C.E. Award
By Gel Galang | February 11, 2014 4:56 PM EST
Uncharted 4 seems to be shaping up into the game that it was meant to be, and new updates from the writer and voice actor are just fueling the excitement for the PS4 exclusive.
While the next possible event for Uncharted 4 to show up would be E3 2014, that's not stopping the cast and crew from giving a few teasers, regardless of their lack of actual game details.
Spawnfirst has spotted tweets from creative director and writer Amy Hennig as well as voice actor Todd Stashwick about the Uncharted 4. Given the win that The Last of Us enjoyed at the recent awards, Naughty Dog has been put in a very exciting and trying position, where the next work will be under scrutiny.
*Have you encountered this bug, which deletes games but leaves save files untouched? Check it out here.
Hennig only responds to this by stating that the team is working on the game. As for Todd Stashwick, who was known to have tweeted a few snapshots of the motion capture suit supposedly related to Uncharted 4, was asked about the work that they're currently doing for Uncharted 4.
To this he replied, "It's going great. It's going to be a tremendous game." After the meatier teases, it seems that the team is saving the good stuff for E3 2014.
The Last of Us sequel under consideration?
After the big win for The Last of Us, Naughty Dog may be considering a sequel for the acclaimed game.
*Deep Down and Titanfall for Xbox 360 have been delayed again: More gaming news here.
Escapist Magazine reports that the team has already started discussing the possibility of a sequel, though it has not yet come so far as the team already working on the technical stuff.
"We have started brainstorming some stuff. To be honest, some of them are sequel ideas, and some of them are brand new IP--we've spent the last few weeks brainstorming new IP. So we have to get some good steps and see...," said Neil Druckmann, creative director for the game, in an interview quoted by Escapist Magazine. "It's kind of like how we approached 'Left Behind.' Can we tell people a story that's really worth telling, and that's not repeating itself?"
Still, even with the planning already underway, it's highly unlikely that this will be like an annual release thing. Druckmann and the team have been working on the game for four years, and he admits that they need a break.
It's an admirable move for Naughty Dog-you can see that the team is really putting thought into the process, thinking of the resources carefully, and putting quality and feasibility above other money-making schemes.
Still, there's still Uncharted 4 to look forward to anyway as the sequel for The Last of Us (or even a new IP) takes shape in the drawing boards.
*Already suffering from Flappy Bird withdrawal? If you're a Minecraft lover, here's a mod that combines both of these games: Read here for more.
The Last of Us cleans out at DICE Awards 2014
Sequel plans aside, Naughty Dog has a lot to celebrate with the current The Last of Us game, considering its performance at DICE Awards 2014.
As though 13 nominations were not enough, it managed to get 10 wins, including Game of the Year. IGN has the complete list of winning categories for The Last of Us, which include Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design, Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction, Outstanding Innovation in Gaming, Outstanding Achievement in Story, Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction, Outstanding Character Performance for Ellie, Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering, Adventure Game of the Year and Outstanding Achievement in Animation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch