HTC One 2 (M8) Release In March As Invitations Ready In Two Weeks
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 11, 2014 4:24 PM EST
According to Androidandme.com, HTC Chairman Cher Wang and HTC CFO Chialin Chang confirmed the successor of HTC One is already in the works and the invitations will be sent out to the press in 2 weeks. This hinted HTC will ditch the annual Mobile World Congress and veer away from its traditional way of introducing its devices at the event. It seemed the Taiwanese company will hold its own launching event next month.
Very few details were known about the HTC One 2 and HTC executives. But rumors suggested the device is codenamed "M8" and this will include features such as 5-inch 1080p display, quad-core processor and a set of on-screen navigation buttons.
Aside from the HTC One 2, consumers should also be on the lookout on the midrange smartphones of the company. Wang told Reuters the company intends to expand its line-up of $150 to $300 mid-range phones in 2014.
She cited HTC focused entirely on its flagship phone in the past year and ended up missing out on a huge percentage of the market. But she assured consumers that HTC will not abandon its high end smartphones.
Chialin Chang supported this claim by sharing that HTC has no plans to enter the "very, very low-end market." Instead, it will give attention to mid-range smartphones that the company will sell in developing and emerging markets.
Recently, an alleged photo of HTC One 2 made the rounds in the Internet. But an HTC exec quickly confirmed that the image is fake. Director of HTC Netherlands Mark Moons tweeted that "Somebody has been photo shopping...." The alleged photo showed the HTC One 2 sporting two cameras on the back and double lens, which will allow users to produce better quality image when taking pictures.
Some of the rumored features of HTC One 2 are 5-inch full HD screen display; 2.3 quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB of RAM, 16 GB and 32 GB of internal storage with microSD slot for expandable storage, 2900mAh battery, Android 4.4 KitKat OS and Sense 6 UI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build