Valentine's Day 2014: Best Gifts for Him
By Janice Somosot | February 11, 2014 3:51 PM EST
Valentine's Day celebrations usually consist of gifts such as flowers, chocolates and jewelry. But, these things are given to the girls. What about the guys? Don't worry here's a simple guide to help you choose what to give to the special man in your life this Valentine's Day 2014. Read on to find out the best gifts for him.
A man using his mobile phone walks past a shop window with signs advertising the upcoming Valentine's Day, at a luxury store in Tokyo January 30, 2014. Japan's core consumer prices rose 1.3 percent in December from a year earlier, the fastest pace in more than five years, adding to evidence the economy is making steady progress towards ending 15 years of grinding deflation. Picture taken January 30, 2014. REUTERS/Yuya Shino
- LOOT CRATE -
Relax, these aren't stolen goods for your special guy. Loot Crates are subscription boxes for men who love technology and pop culture like MineCraft, Star Wars and Marvel collectibles. You can handpick up to eight items that range from apparel to figurines and exclusive items. It is available in the U.S., UK, Australia and Canada. It costs $13.37 a month plus shipping and handling. Discounts are also available for those who subscribe to long-term plans. According to AskMen, the discount code AMVDAY can be used when ordering a Loot Crate and you can get 10% off any subscription plan. Click HERE to visit the Loot Crate Web site.
- WATCH -
Because guys just can't have enough watches, it's still a gift that is much appreciated. Also, it will help them be on time for your dates. If you can afford to give your guy an expensive watch such as a Rolex or a Tag Heuer, then go ahead and buy it for them. Or, you can get them a smartwatch that syncs to their smartphones like the Sony Smartwatch (Click HERE to see a photo of it from the Amazon Web site) or the Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch (Click HERE to see a photo of it from the Amazon Web site).
But, if your budget doesn't allow it, why not give them a watch that's not super expensive as the aforementioned brands? Something like a Seiko Men's Sportura Watch is also nice and it won't break the bank. It is a kinetic powered/autoquartz watch with a stainless steel case and a blue rubber strap. Click HERE to see a photo of the Seiko Men's Sportura Watch from ashford.com.
- CANDY -
Guys like candy as much as girls. And maybe, they are even secretly hoping that girls will share with them the chocolates they give to her. In case you don't want to share it with him, why not give him his own candy to enjoy. Chocolates will be thoroughly appreciated, but if you want to be a little less generic, you can give him a Candy Crate 1980s Retro Candy Gift Box. It has a variety of hard-to-find candies from the 1980s. It will make him reminisce about his childhood while enjoying his candy. It is a blast from the past and a trip down memory lane which he will surely cherish. If he was born in the 90s and doesn't even know what Nerds, Fun Dip, Pop Rocks, and Sweet Tarts are, then it won't be a problem because he will still enjoy these classic treats. Click HERE to see a photo of the Candy Crate 1980s Retro Candy Gift Box from the Amazon Web site.
- CLOTHING -
Guys live in t-shirts that's why they love getting them as gifts. Give them a comfy and stylish shirt that gives back to the planet and its creatures like the ISF Vday Unisex Triblend Crew from the Ian Somerhalder Foundation. It is made of 25% cotton, 50% polyester and 25% naturally occurring rayon. Plus, it comes in a lot of sizes including small, medium, large, X-Large and XX-Large (Click HERE to see a photo of it from The Vanity Project Web site).
Or, you can get him a pullover hoodie for cold days. Check out the ISF Vday Black Vintage Pullover (Click HERE to see a photo of it from The Vanity Project Web site).
- iPhone 4/4s CASE with TOOLKIT -
If your guy has an iPhone 4 or 4s, then you can get him the TaskOne iPhone 4/4s Case which acts like a Swiss Army knife with 22 tools included in it like a 2.5" removable knife, 1.8" wood saw, pliers and box wrenches, bottle opener, screwdrivers, a wire stripper and a metric ruler. It is available for only $79.95. Click HERE to see a photo of it from the TaskLab Web site.
These are just some of the best gifts for him on Valentine's Day 2014. Aside from giving these gifts, you can also add a handwritten note to make it more romantic and then kiss him too and he will be really happy on Feb. 14, 2014.
Valentine's Day 2014: Best Gifts for Her (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5 Most Breathtaking Sunsets In The World
- Mayweather’s Next Gift To GF Bad Medina Is A Private Jet
- Newlyweds Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Honeymoon Details, Couple On Board Luxury Yacht In Malta [SEE VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- 5 Scents For Men That Are Perfect For Fall 2014 Including Tom Ford Noir And Burberry Brit Rhythm For Men [WATCH VIDEOS]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone