Julia Robert's Half Sister Nancy Motes Found Dead: Was Allegedly 'Ridiculed' By Julia for Being Overweight
By nidhi tewari | February 11, 2014 3:48 PM EST
Julia Robert's half sister Nancy Motes has reportedly been found dead in her apartment because of drug overdose in her Los Angeles home on Sunday, RadarOnline.com is reporting. It may come as a surprise to you that Motes, 37, struggled to lose weight and was "taunted" on being overweight by her sister Julia, the Web site is reporting.
REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
Actress Julia Roberts introduces a performance by Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014. REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
"It is with deep sadness that the family of Nancy Motes ... confirms that she was found dead in Los Angeles yesterday of an apparent drug overdose. There is no official report from the Coroner's office yet. The family is both shocked and devastated," said the family in a statement released on Monday.
In one of her previous interviews with Radaronline.com, Nancy has confessed that she was always ridiculed by Julia for being overweight and hence took the extreme measure to undergo gastric bypass surgery to shed the extra kilos.
According to the Web site, Nancy was not very well off with money yet she took a loan of $30,000 to get the costly surgery done. Nancy lost a lot of weight of about 98 pounds after the surgery in June of 2012 but things did not improve between her and Julia.
"'It makes me feel incredibly hurt and very sad," Nancy, who weighed 280 pounds then, told the Web site adding that she was also "bullied" at school for being overweight and fat. Nancy also added that Julia made her conscious of her weight in "not-so-nice a manner" and she was also suffering from inferiority complex for being the younger sibling to a "very pretty and very popular" sister, Radaronline.com reported in an August 2013 interview.
"I think that growing up as Pretty Woman's little sister has definitely made me try to see the person inside and not the person outside," she said. "A lot of my life I felt judged for my weight."
Do you believe Nancy was still depressed over being overweight and not as loved and famous as her sister Julia Roberts and hence took to drugs and died of an overdose? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet