Julia Robert's Half Sister Nancy Motes Found Dead: Was Allegedly 'Ridiculed' By Julia for Being Overweight
By nidhi tewari | February 11, 2014 3:48 PM EST
Julia Robert's half sister Nancy Motes has reportedly been found dead in her apartment because of drug overdose in her Los Angeles home on Sunday, RadarOnline.com is reporting. It may come as a surprise to you that Motes, 37, struggled to lose weight and was "taunted" on being overweight by her sister Julia, the Web site is reporting.
REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
Actress Julia Roberts introduces a performance by Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014. REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
"It is with deep sadness that the family of Nancy Motes ... confirms that she was found dead in Los Angeles yesterday of an apparent drug overdose. There is no official report from the Coroner's office yet. The family is both shocked and devastated," said the family in a statement released on Monday.
In one of her previous interviews with Radaronline.com, Nancy has confessed that she was always ridiculed by Julia for being overweight and hence took the extreme measure to undergo gastric bypass surgery to shed the extra kilos.
According to the Web site, Nancy was not very well off with money yet she took a loan of $30,000 to get the costly surgery done. Nancy lost a lot of weight of about 98 pounds after the surgery in June of 2012 but things did not improve between her and Julia.
"'It makes me feel incredibly hurt and very sad," Nancy, who weighed 280 pounds then, told the Web site adding that she was also "bullied" at school for being overweight and fat. Nancy also added that Julia made her conscious of her weight in "not-so-nice a manner" and she was also suffering from inferiority complex for being the younger sibling to a "very pretty and very popular" sister, Radaronline.com reported in an August 2013 interview.
"I think that growing up as Pretty Woman's little sister has definitely made me try to see the person inside and not the person outside," she said. "A lot of my life I felt judged for my weight."
Do you believe Nancy was still depressed over being overweight and not as loved and famous as her sister Julia Roberts and hence took to drugs and died of an overdose? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff