Julia Robert's Half Sister Nancy Motes Found Dead: Was Allegedly 'Ridiculed' By Julia for Being Overweight
By nidhi tewari | February 11, 2014 3:48 PM EST
Julia Robert's half sister Nancy Motes has reportedly been found dead in her apartment because of drug overdose in her Los Angeles home on Sunday, RadarOnline.com is reporting. It may come as a surprise to you that Motes, 37, struggled to lose weight and was "taunted" on being overweight by her sister Julia, the Web site is reporting.
REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
Actress Julia Roberts introduces a performance by Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014. REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
"It is with deep sadness that the family of Nancy Motes ... confirms that she was found dead in Los Angeles yesterday of an apparent drug overdose. There is no official report from the Coroner's office yet. The family is both shocked and devastated," said the family in a statement released on Monday.
In one of her previous interviews with Radaronline.com, Nancy has confessed that she was always ridiculed by Julia for being overweight and hence took the extreme measure to undergo gastric bypass surgery to shed the extra kilos.
According to the Web site, Nancy was not very well off with money yet she took a loan of $30,000 to get the costly surgery done. Nancy lost a lot of weight of about 98 pounds after the surgery in June of 2012 but things did not improve between her and Julia.
"'It makes me feel incredibly hurt and very sad," Nancy, who weighed 280 pounds then, told the Web site adding that she was also "bullied" at school for being overweight and fat. Nancy also added that Julia made her conscious of her weight in "not-so-nice a manner" and she was also suffering from inferiority complex for being the younger sibling to a "very pretty and very popular" sister, Radaronline.com reported in an August 2013 interview.
"I think that growing up as Pretty Woman's little sister has definitely made me try to see the person inside and not the person outside," she said. "A lot of my life I felt judged for my weight."
Do you believe Nancy was still depressed over being overweight and not as loved and famous as her sister Julia Roberts and hence took to drugs and died of an overdose? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People