Julia Robert's Half Sister Nancy Motes Found Dead: Was Allegedly 'Ridiculed' By Julia for Being Overweight
By nidhi tewari | February 11, 2014 3:48 PM EST
Julia Robert's half sister Nancy Motes has reportedly been found dead in her apartment because of drug overdose in her Los Angeles home on Sunday, RadarOnline.com is reporting. It may come as a surprise to you that Motes, 37, struggled to lose weight and was "taunted" on being overweight by her sister Julia, the Web site is reporting.
REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
Actress Julia Roberts introduces a performance by Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014. REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
"It is with deep sadness that the family of Nancy Motes ... confirms that she was found dead in Los Angeles yesterday of an apparent drug overdose. There is no official report from the Coroner's office yet. The family is both shocked and devastated," said the family in a statement released on Monday.
In one of her previous interviews with Radaronline.com, Nancy has confessed that she was always ridiculed by Julia for being overweight and hence took the extreme measure to undergo gastric bypass surgery to shed the extra kilos.
According to the Web site, Nancy was not very well off with money yet she took a loan of $30,000 to get the costly surgery done. Nancy lost a lot of weight of about 98 pounds after the surgery in June of 2012 but things did not improve between her and Julia.
"'It makes me feel incredibly hurt and very sad," Nancy, who weighed 280 pounds then, told the Web site adding that she was also "bullied" at school for being overweight and fat. Nancy also added that Julia made her conscious of her weight in "not-so-nice a manner" and she was also suffering from inferiority complex for being the younger sibling to a "very pretty and very popular" sister, Radaronline.com reported in an August 2013 interview.
"I think that growing up as Pretty Woman's little sister has definitely made me try to see the person inside and not the person outside," she said. "A lot of my life I felt judged for my weight."
Do you believe Nancy was still depressed over being overweight and not as loved and famous as her sister Julia Roberts and hence took to drugs and died of an overdose? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko