Julia Robert's Half Sister Nancy Motes Found Dead: Was Allegedly 'Ridiculed' By Julia for Being Overweight
By nidhi tewari | February 11, 2014 3:48 PM EST
Julia Robert's half sister Nancy Motes has reportedly been found dead in her apartment because of drug overdose in her Los Angeles home on Sunday, RadarOnline.com is reporting. It may come as a surprise to you that Motes, 37, struggled to lose weight and was "taunted" on being overweight by her sister Julia, the Web site is reporting.
REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
Actress Julia Roberts introduces a performance by Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014. REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
"It is with deep sadness that the family of Nancy Motes ... confirms that she was found dead in Los Angeles yesterday of an apparent drug overdose. There is no official report from the Coroner's office yet. The family is both shocked and devastated," said the family in a statement released on Monday.
In one of her previous interviews with Radaronline.com, Nancy has confessed that she was always ridiculed by Julia for being overweight and hence took the extreme measure to undergo gastric bypass surgery to shed the extra kilos.
According to the Web site, Nancy was not very well off with money yet she took a loan of $30,000 to get the costly surgery done. Nancy lost a lot of weight of about 98 pounds after the surgery in June of 2012 but things did not improve between her and Julia.
"'It makes me feel incredibly hurt and very sad," Nancy, who weighed 280 pounds then, told the Web site adding that she was also "bullied" at school for being overweight and fat. Nancy also added that Julia made her conscious of her weight in "not-so-nice a manner" and she was also suffering from inferiority complex for being the younger sibling to a "very pretty and very popular" sister, Radaronline.com reported in an August 2013 interview.
"I think that growing up as Pretty Woman's little sister has definitely made me try to see the person inside and not the person outside," she said. "A lot of my life I felt judged for my weight."
Do you believe Nancy was still depressed over being overweight and not as loved and famous as her sister Julia Roberts and hence took to drugs and died of an overdose? What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’