'American Horror Story' Season 4 Spoilers: What Concept or Theme with Sarah Paulson's Confirmed New Character, Who Else Will Return?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 11, 2014 3:45 PM EST
"American Horror Story: Coven" is officially over and fans are now excited for American Horror Story Season 4 that they have already started speculating about the concept and characters as early as now. The show's co-creator Ryan Murphy has confirmed that the next season will happen in 1950's, featuring Jessica Lange with a German accent. Because of this, many have guessed that the next season would take place in a circus or during the Red Scare / communism. However, Murphy said that these concepts are incorrect.
Murphy told Entertainment Weekly after Coven's finale on Wednesday night that "no one has fully guessed what the season 4 concept is." He mentioned that even the Internet has not guessed the concept, indicating that both the Circus and Red Scare concepts are out. He did not say much about season 4 but Murphy confirmed that the tone would just be like Coven.
Meanwhile, some Coven cast members will return for "American Horror Story" Season 4. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sarah Paulson revealed that she will be on board. "I do not know how many clues were in Coven. There was one clue a couple of episodes back. I know what Ryan is thinking but I feel like anything can still change until he announces it," revealed Paulson. "I know what he is thinking for me and I hope it really happens because it would be one of the more exciting things I have gotten to do. A very special skill."
Jessica Lange has already been confirmed to be in for season 4 but unfortunately, it will also be her last. Lange made an extended monologue for Fiona in Coven about how "life is a carnival" and since Murphy said they might film the next season in either New Orleans or Santa Fe, fans thought it was the perfect location to shoot a carnival set in the old West. Other ideas suggest American Horror Story might evolve around a famous serial killer, Ed Gein from the recent Coven episode entitled "Go to Hell." It could be that Lange will play the mother of Gein.
Some actors have appeared in two, if not all three, season of American Horror Story and it is possible they would come back on the fourth season. These include Frances Conroy, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Dylan McDermott, Zachary Quinto, Denis O'Hare, Taissa Farmiga and Jamie Brewer. "American Horror Story" Season 4 will premiere in the fall of 2014 on FX.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales