'American Horror Story' Season 4 Spoilers: What Concept or Theme with Sarah Paulson's Confirmed New Character, Who Else Will Return?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 11, 2014 3:45 PM EST
"American Horror Story: Coven" is officially over and fans are now excited for American Horror Story Season 4 that they have already started speculating about the concept and characters as early as now. The show's co-creator Ryan Murphy has confirmed that the next season will happen in 1950's, featuring Jessica Lange with a German accent. Because of this, many have guessed that the next season would take place in a circus or during the Red Scare / communism. However, Murphy said that these concepts are incorrect.
Murphy told Entertainment Weekly after Coven's finale on Wednesday night that "no one has fully guessed what the season 4 concept is." He mentioned that even the Internet has not guessed the concept, indicating that both the Circus and Red Scare concepts are out. He did not say much about season 4 but Murphy confirmed that the tone would just be like Coven.
Meanwhile, some Coven cast members will return for "American Horror Story" Season 4. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sarah Paulson revealed that she will be on board. "I do not know how many clues were in Coven. There was one clue a couple of episodes back. I know what Ryan is thinking but I feel like anything can still change until he announces it," revealed Paulson. "I know what he is thinking for me and I hope it really happens because it would be one of the more exciting things I have gotten to do. A very special skill."
Jessica Lange has already been confirmed to be in for season 4 but unfortunately, it will also be her last. Lange made an extended monologue for Fiona in Coven about how "life is a carnival" and since Murphy said they might film the next season in either New Orleans or Santa Fe, fans thought it was the perfect location to shoot a carnival set in the old West. Other ideas suggest American Horror Story might evolve around a famous serial killer, Ed Gein from the recent Coven episode entitled "Go to Hell." It could be that Lange will play the mother of Gein.
Some actors have appeared in two, if not all three, season of American Horror Story and it is possible they would come back on the fourth season. These include Frances Conroy, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Dylan McDermott, Zachary Quinto, Denis O'Hare, Taissa Farmiga and Jamie Brewer. "American Horror Story" Season 4 will premiere in the fall of 2014 on FX.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family