'American Horror Story' Season 4 Spoilers: What Concept or Theme with Sarah Paulson's Confirmed New Character, Who Else Will Return?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 11, 2014 3:45 PM EST
"American Horror Story: Coven" is officially over and fans are now excited for American Horror Story Season 4 that they have already started speculating about the concept and characters as early as now. The show's co-creator Ryan Murphy has confirmed that the next season will happen in 1950's, featuring Jessica Lange with a German accent. Because of this, many have guessed that the next season would take place in a circus or during the Red Scare / communism. However, Murphy said that these concepts are incorrect.
Murphy told Entertainment Weekly after Coven's finale on Wednesday night that "no one has fully guessed what the season 4 concept is." He mentioned that even the Internet has not guessed the concept, indicating that both the Circus and Red Scare concepts are out. He did not say much about season 4 but Murphy confirmed that the tone would just be like Coven.
Meanwhile, some Coven cast members will return for "American Horror Story" Season 4. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sarah Paulson revealed that she will be on board. "I do not know how many clues were in Coven. There was one clue a couple of episodes back. I know what Ryan is thinking but I feel like anything can still change until he announces it," revealed Paulson. "I know what he is thinking for me and I hope it really happens because it would be one of the more exciting things I have gotten to do. A very special skill."
Jessica Lange has already been confirmed to be in for season 4 but unfortunately, it will also be her last. Lange made an extended monologue for Fiona in Coven about how "life is a carnival" and since Murphy said they might film the next season in either New Orleans or Santa Fe, fans thought it was the perfect location to shoot a carnival set in the old West. Other ideas suggest American Horror Story might evolve around a famous serial killer, Ed Gein from the recent Coven episode entitled "Go to Hell." It could be that Lange will play the mother of Gein.
Some actors have appeared in two, if not all three, season of American Horror Story and it is possible they would come back on the fourth season. These include Frances Conroy, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Dylan McDermott, Zachary Quinto, Denis O'Hare, Taissa Farmiga and Jamie Brewer. "American Horror Story" Season 4 will premiere in the fall of 2014 on FX.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet