'American Horror Story' Season 4 Spoilers: What Concept or Theme with Sarah Paulson's Confirmed New Character, Who Else Will Return?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 11, 2014 3:45 PM EST
"American Horror Story: Coven" is officially over and fans are now excited for American Horror Story Season 4 that they have already started speculating about the concept and characters as early as now. The show's co-creator Ryan Murphy has confirmed that the next season will happen in 1950's, featuring Jessica Lange with a German accent. Because of this, many have guessed that the next season would take place in a circus or during the Red Scare / communism. However, Murphy said that these concepts are incorrect.
Murphy told Entertainment Weekly after Coven's finale on Wednesday night that "no one has fully guessed what the season 4 concept is." He mentioned that even the Internet has not guessed the concept, indicating that both the Circus and Red Scare concepts are out. He did not say much about season 4 but Murphy confirmed that the tone would just be like Coven.
Meanwhile, some Coven cast members will return for "American Horror Story" Season 4. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sarah Paulson revealed that she will be on board. "I do not know how many clues were in Coven. There was one clue a couple of episodes back. I know what Ryan is thinking but I feel like anything can still change until he announces it," revealed Paulson. "I know what he is thinking for me and I hope it really happens because it would be one of the more exciting things I have gotten to do. A very special skill."
Jessica Lange has already been confirmed to be in for season 4 but unfortunately, it will also be her last. Lange made an extended monologue for Fiona in Coven about how "life is a carnival" and since Murphy said they might film the next season in either New Orleans or Santa Fe, fans thought it was the perfect location to shoot a carnival set in the old West. Other ideas suggest American Horror Story might evolve around a famous serial killer, Ed Gein from the recent Coven episode entitled "Go to Hell." It could be that Lange will play the mother of Gein.
Some actors have appeared in two, if not all three, season of American Horror Story and it is possible they would come back on the fourth season. These include Frances Conroy, Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Dylan McDermott, Zachary Quinto, Denis O'Hare, Taissa Farmiga and Jamie Brewer. "American Horror Story" Season 4 will premiere in the fall of 2014 on FX.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar