Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Set to Direct an Upcoming Season 5 Episode on the CW TV Series
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 11, 2014 3:43 PM EST
Actor Paul Wesley is set to take a seat in the director's chair in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5. The 31-year-old TVD star, who will be directing Episode 18, exclusively revealed to BuzzFeed Entertainment that the opportunity to make his directorial debut in the successful CW TV series is an honor.
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
'Vampire Diaries' Executive Producer Julie Plec Reacts to Fans Campaigning to Bring Back Kol, Actor Nathaniel Buzolic Reveals He Would Love to Return
'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Extended Promo Video for Episode 14 'Captives' Reveal the Return of the Ghostfacers, Episode Synopsis Also Revealed
Mr Wesley may feel the pressure from being the first "Vampire Diaries" cast member to direct an episode but the support coming from his co-stars give him the boost to do well on his job. "It's an honor and the cast couldn't be any more supportive, which I feel truly grateful for," Paul Wesley, who portrays Stefan Salvatore in the series, shared.
Details on the episode that Paul Wesley will be directing are still unknown like the title, who will write the story and the airing date but the actor already teased that the upcoming Episode 18 will be both "nostalgic and suspenseful." Mr Wesley revealed: "It feels like our world, but something is a bit askew. It feels uneasy. And I respond to that."
Paul Wesley hinted that Stefan's appearance in the episode will not be light or heavy but somewhere in the middle. "A good friend of mine recently directed a film he also starred in, and I was on set the whole time, so I got to see firsthand what that experience looked like," Mr Wesley explained.
The actor further revealed that he has been expressing his interest to direct an episode in "The Vampire Diaries" to the TV series' executive producer Julie Plec and the studio. However, Paul admitted that had to spend time shadowing directors, attend meetings, sit in the editing room and get ready for the responsibility before he earned his directorial debut.
"They finally granted me an episode, which was met with a great deal of excitement and nervousness on my part," Mr Wesley shared. Since directing became a passion for Paul Wesley, the lessons that the actor learned from his mentors for the past years made him realize that team effort is crucial in making the project work.
"Every single person on set, from props to focus puller to director of photography to the actors themselves, is crucial. And everyone is there to create something truly memorable that will be captured on film for eternity. You have to trust in your team entirely and do everything you can to incentivize everyone to be the best they can be," Mr Wesley explained, adding that plans to work on more directorial projects in the future.
In the meantime, watch Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 when it returns on Thursday night, February 27, at 8 pm EST on the CW Network with Episode 14 titled "No Exit."
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5 Spoilers: Stefan To Save Damon From Reckless Behaviour, Hooks Up with Elena/Katherine? Promo Video and Synopsis For Episode 14 Titled 'No Exit' Released [WATCH] - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 5, Episode 13 Recap/Spoilers: Damon's Behaviour Spiraling Out of Control, 'Denzo' Murder Buddies on the Loose - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery