NBA Preview: Miami Heat vs. Phoenix Suns Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | February 11, 2014 3:27 PM EST
The Phoenix Suns have been one of the feel-good stories in the NBA this season. Pegged as a lottery-bound squad during the preseason and on rebuilding mode, no expert expected that they would be a playoff contender in 2013-2014.
NBA: Miami Heat at Utah Jazz
Three months into the season, the Suns are 6th in the tough and ultra-competitive Western Conference with a surprising 30-20 win-loss record. Phoenix faces a tough test at home, where they are a respectable 17-8 this year, when LeBron James and the rest of the Miami Heat visit the desert on Tuesday night.
The Heat are winners of three of their last 4 games and six of the last eight but are coming off a disappointing road loss to the Utah Jazz, 94-89. A sort of bad news for the Suns as Miami is known to bounce back from defeats. Except for a three-game slide in mid-January, the Heat have won each game after a loss either at home or on the road.
Phoenix is not intimidated however. While they are just 2-2 in the last four, they are feeling good about themselves after beating the Golden State Warriors, 122-109 last Saturday. All-Star snub Goran Dragic led the team with 25 points (10/13 FG) hitting six 3-pointers and added 10 assists as well. A total of six Suns finished in double-figure scoring.
The Heat defeated the Suns, 107-92 in the first meeting between these teams in the early part of the season. James had 35 points, Dwyane Wade 21 and Ray Allen 17 in that easy win.
Betting Lines: Miami Heat (-4) vs. Phoenix Suns (O/U: 208.5)
Game time: 12 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Heat are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games in Phoenix
- The Heat are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Phoenix
Phoenix Suns Trends
- The Suns are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. East teams
- The Suns are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Suns are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- MH17: Shrapnel Hits Plane, Russia Calls for UN-led Investigation