NBA Preview: Miami Heat vs. Phoenix Suns Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | February 11, 2014 3:27 PM EST
The Phoenix Suns have been one of the feel-good stories in the NBA this season. Pegged as a lottery-bound squad during the preseason and on rebuilding mode, no expert expected that they would be a playoff contender in 2013-2014.
NBA: Miami Heat at Utah Jazz
Three months into the season, the Suns are 6th in the tough and ultra-competitive Western Conference with a surprising 30-20 win-loss record. Phoenix faces a tough test at home, where they are a respectable 17-8 this year, when LeBron James and the rest of the Miami Heat visit the desert on Tuesday night.
The Heat are winners of three of their last 4 games and six of the last eight but are coming off a disappointing road loss to the Utah Jazz, 94-89. A sort of bad news for the Suns as Miami is known to bounce back from defeats. Except for a three-game slide in mid-January, the Heat have won each game after a loss either at home or on the road.
Phoenix is not intimidated however. While they are just 2-2 in the last four, they are feeling good about themselves after beating the Golden State Warriors, 122-109 last Saturday. All-Star snub Goran Dragic led the team with 25 points (10/13 FG) hitting six 3-pointers and added 10 assists as well. A total of six Suns finished in double-figure scoring.
The Heat defeated the Suns, 107-92 in the first meeting between these teams in the early part of the season. James had 35 points, Dwyane Wade 21 and Ray Allen 17 in that easy win.
Betting Lines: Miami Heat (-4) vs. Phoenix Suns (O/U: 208.5)
Game time: 12 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Heat are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games in Phoenix
- The Heat are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Phoenix
Phoenix Suns Trends
- The Suns are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. East teams
- The Suns are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Suns are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories