NBA Preview: Miami Heat vs. Phoenix Suns Betting Odds and Trends
By James Patrick Quizon | February 11, 2014 3:27 PM EST
The Phoenix Suns have been one of the feel-good stories in the NBA this season. Pegged as a lottery-bound squad during the preseason and on rebuilding mode, no expert expected that they would be a playoff contender in 2013-2014.
NBA: Miami Heat at Utah Jazz
Three months into the season, the Suns are 6th in the tough and ultra-competitive Western Conference with a surprising 30-20 win-loss record. Phoenix faces a tough test at home, where they are a respectable 17-8 this year, when LeBron James and the rest of the Miami Heat visit the desert on Tuesday night.
The Heat are winners of three of their last 4 games and six of the last eight but are coming off a disappointing road loss to the Utah Jazz, 94-89. A sort of bad news for the Suns as Miami is known to bounce back from defeats. Except for a three-game slide in mid-January, the Heat have won each game after a loss either at home or on the road.
Phoenix is not intimidated however. While they are just 2-2 in the last four, they are feeling good about themselves after beating the Golden State Warriors, 122-109 last Saturday. All-Star snub Goran Dragic led the team with 25 points (10/13 FG) hitting six 3-pointers and added 10 assists as well. A total of six Suns finished in double-figure scoring.
The Heat defeated the Suns, 107-92 in the first meeting between these teams in the early part of the season. James had 35 points, Dwyane Wade 21 and Ray Allen 17 in that easy win.
Betting Lines: Miami Heat (-4) vs. Phoenix Suns (O/U: 208.5)
Game time: 12 noon AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Miami Heat Trends
- The Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Pacific division teams
- The Heat are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games in Phoenix
- The Heat are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Phoenix
Phoenix Suns Trends
- The Suns are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. East teams
- The Suns are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
- The Suns are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate