ASTRA Awards Betting Odds: LifeStyle Channel Set to Dominate Again, Shaynna Blaze and Andrew Winter Favourites to Win
By James Patrick Quizon | February 11, 2014 2:21 PM EST
The Australian Subscription Television and Radio Association (ASTRA) Awards night is scheduled roughly two months away and fans can still vote for their favourite shows and TV personalities.
But did you know that you can also bet on the ASTRA Awards results? Various sportsbooks are offering betting lines for the ASTRA event. So while your favourite TV show and celebrities are bagging those awards you can also win some serious cash off the event.
Here are the odds for the more popular categories-- Favourite Personality, Male and Female and Favourite Australian TV Show:
Betting Odds – To Win Favourite Personality – Male
Andrew Winter (Selling Houses) 1.40
Peter Maddison (Grand Designs) 6.00
Matty Johns (Monday Night with Matty Johns) 7.00
Danny Clayton (The Riff) 9.00
Paul Murray (Paul Murray Live) 10.00
Alex Perry (Australia’s Next Top Model) 13.00
Didier Cohen (Australia’s Next Top Model) 15.00
Paul West (River Cottage) 21.00
Betting Odds – To Win Favourite Personality – Female
Shaynna Blaze (Selling Houses) 1.40
Jennifer Hawkins (Australia’s Next Top Model) 6.00
Naomi Sequeira (Hanging With Adam and Naomi) 7.00
Danielle Cormack (Wentworth) 9.00
Lara Pitt (Rugby League coverage, Sterlo & Monday Night with Matty Johns) 10.00
Nicole da Silva (Wentworth) 13.00
Laura Jayes (Lunchtime Agenda, Election 2013) 15.00
Brooke Corte (Trading Day, Business Agenda, Media Week & business news coverage) 21.00
Betting Odds – To Win Favourite Australian Programme
Selling Houses 1.40
Grand Designs 6.00
Paul Murray Live 8.00
Australia's Next Top Model 9.00
Paddock to Plate 15.00
Abalone Wars 17.00
River Cottage 21.00
Selling Houses hosts Andrew Winter and Shaynna Blaze are the clear favourites in their respective categories and it’s no surprise as well that their show, “Selling Houses” is the top show pegged to win as the most popular TV show on Australian television.
For those new to betting, here’s the simple formula:
X (Amount of Bet) times Betting Odds = Payout
For example, every $100 wager would net $140 at betting odds of 1.40 (for Winter, Blaze or Selling Houses). Or if you want to pick the heavy underdog to win: a $100 would have a payout of $2,100 if Paul West, Brooke Corte or River Cottage wins!
In 2013, the biggest winners were Fox Footy for being named the Channel of the Year and the LifeStyle Channel, which went home with five awards including winning the categories Favourite Male and Female Personalities.
It appears LifeStyle Channel will again rule the awards night this year if the betting odds patterns are to be believed.
The 2014 ASTRA Awards will be held on March 20, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’