NBA News: Russell Westbrook Nears Return for Oklahoma City Thunder
By James Patrick Quizon | February 11, 2014 1:15 PM EST
The other star in the Oklahoma City Thunder line-up is nearing his return and team officials are estimating a comeback post All-Star break.
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder at Houston Rockets
Russell Westbrook has “increased activity” in Thunder practices and has joined the team’s pregame warm-ups and shoot-around in the last two games versus the Orlando Magic and New York Knicks.
“I don’t know what date,” said OKC head coach Scott Brooks in an interview with The Oklahoman. “Sometime after the All-Star break. We like the progress he is making.”
Brooks added though that Westbrook has not been cleared for full contact and joining the practices on limited basis.
The Thunder holds a 20-8 win-loss card sans Westbrook in the 2013-2014 regular season. In 25 games for the Thunder this year, the six-year pro has averages of 21.3 points, 6.0 rebounds, 7.0 assists and 1.8 steals in 32.9 minutes per game.
Oklahoma City has won 13 of their last 15 games as superstar Kevin Durant has been tearing it up for OKC in the absence of his partner in crime. Big man Serge Ibaka, veterans Thabo Sefolosha and Derek Fisher; and young guns Jeremy Lamb and back-up point Reggie Jackson
The 2014 NBA All-Star Weekend is scheduled from February 13 to 16 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Rafael Nadal Crowned as Most Popular Personality in Spain
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon