NBA News: Russell Westbrook Nears Return for Oklahoma City Thunder
By James Patrick Quizon | February 11, 2014 1:15 PM EST
The other star in the Oklahoma City Thunder line-up is nearing his return and team officials are estimating a comeback post All-Star break.
NBA: Oklahoma City Thunder at Houston Rockets
Russell Westbrook has “increased activity” in Thunder practices and has joined the team’s pregame warm-ups and shoot-around in the last two games versus the Orlando Magic and New York Knicks.
“I don’t know what date,” said OKC head coach Scott Brooks in an interview with The Oklahoman. “Sometime after the All-Star break. We like the progress he is making.”
Brooks added though that Westbrook has not been cleared for full contact and joining the practices on limited basis.
The Thunder holds a 20-8 win-loss card sans Westbrook in the 2013-2014 regular season. In 25 games for the Thunder this year, the six-year pro has averages of 21.3 points, 6.0 rebounds, 7.0 assists and 1.8 steals in 32.9 minutes per game.
Oklahoma City has won 13 of their last 15 games as superstar Kevin Durant has been tearing it up for OKC in the absence of his partner in crime. Big man Serge Ibaka, veterans Thabo Sefolosha and Derek Fisher; and young guns Jeremy Lamb and back-up point Reggie Jackson
The 2014 NBA All-Star Weekend is scheduled from February 13 to 16 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance