Lakers' Chris Kaman Tweets He Saw Blake Griffin Smack Justin Bieber, But Not That Hard
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 11, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Los Angeles Clippers power forward Blake Griffin's allegedly smacking of pop singer Justin Bieber has gained significant buzz online, prompting several news agency to verify the validity of the news. Though there are reports claiming the report is nothing but plain bogus, the latest tweet of Los Angeles Clipper Chris Kaman gave an interesting twist to this drama.
Singer Justin Bieber poses at the premiere of the documentary "Justin Bieber's Believe" in Los Angeles, California December 18, 2013. The documentary opens in the U.S. on December 25.
On Monday, Empire Sports reported on the alleged altercation between Bieber and a Starbucks employee at the coffee chain's branch in West Hollywood, when the Clippers All-Star forward came in to settle things down but was reportedly forced to do drastic measures by 'smacking' Bieber.
Here's an excerpt of the news from Empire Sports:
"He came in with no shirt on and his pants hanging down and underwear showing and tried to order a caramel apple machiatto.", said Joey Goldsmith, the Starbucks barista, "I just told him he would have to put a shirt on if he wanted to order."
Bieber started cussing at the barista and threatening to have his bodyguard, "kick his ass".
Meanwhile, Blake Griffin just happened to be at that same Starbucks enjoying a drink at a table when he witnessed the altercation and stepped in. Griffin tried to calm Bieber but the Biebs wasn't having any of it. There was more yelling, and some pushing and that's when Griffin smacked Bieber, knocking him to the floor."
MZ Stars already denied the news, calling it a bogus but quite amusing reporting of Griffin's alleged beat down of the teen pop sensation.
"Justin Bieber continues causing a lot of trouble in the Hollywood limelight lately. But this bogus report about LA Clippers baller Blake Griffin "smacking the [expletive] out of Selena Gomez's ex is just plain amusing!," MZ Stars reported.
The Caveman - An Eye Witness?
Kaman, who took the headline as of late by taking a nap on the Lakers bench during the team's trip in Cleveland, claimed that he saw Griffin - whom he played with for one season with the Clippers - indeed gave Bieber some rough lesson.
"I was sitting in the corner of Starbucks and Blake did not smack Bieber! Well at least not that hard.....," tweeted Kaman, who is playing on a one-year deal with the Lakers.
Though it's uncertain whether Kaman is just jumping on the latest buzz or telling the truth, the Griffin-Bieber altercation has certainly caught everyone's attention. Things have been hard for Bieber as of late ever since dealing with DUI violations several weeks ago.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon