NBA Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | February 11, 2014 11:34 AM EST
The Minnesota Timberwolves are looking to avoid a season-high five game skid on Monday when they face the Houston Rockets, which are aiming for a sixth straight victory, longest for the James Harden-led squad this season.
NBA: Portland Trail Blazers at Minnesota Timberwolves
No thanks to their inconsistencies during crunchtime, the Minnesota Timberwolves are still out of the playoff picture at this point of the season. The recent string of injuries won’t help either as they have already lost a couple of starters in center Nikola Pekovic and shooting guard Kevin Martin to different injuries as well as Kevin Love in the last game.
Meanwhile, the Rockets have been getting contributions from all over the floor to help out Harden and center Dwight Howard for the five-game winning streak that includes victories over quality teams (San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns) and lottery-bound teams (Phoenix Suns and Milwaukee Bucks).
Patrick Beverley had 15 points and 3 blocked shots in their most recent game and Jeremy Lin came off the bench to score 18 markers. Harden returned from a two-game absence to average 24.3 points and 2 steals in his last three games while Howard is playing like an MVP in the last two logging in 30.5 points and 13.5 rebounds.
The bit of good news for Minnesota is that the All-Star power forward is set to return against Houston and they can certainly use his scoring in trying to keep up with the Rockets, which has averaged 108.6 points per game in this current five-game run.
The T'Wolves have been competitive in their last three games but couldn't come up with the win losing to the Oklahoma City Thunder, 106-97; New Orleans Pelicans, 98-91 and Portland Trail Blazers, 98-91.
Without three of their five starters, Minnesota went to Ricky Rubio (25 points and 9 assists) and Corey Brewer (26 points and 7 rebounds) in the losing effort.
Can the Timberwolves snap the skid? Or will the Rockets continue their surge?
Watch the Houston vs. Minnesota match-up via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS