NBA Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Live Streaming Information
By James Patrick Quizon | February 11, 2014 11:34 AM EST
The Minnesota Timberwolves are looking to avoid a season-high five game skid on Monday when they face the Houston Rockets, which are aiming for a sixth straight victory, longest for the James Harden-led squad this season.
NBA: Portland Trail Blazers at Minnesota Timberwolves
No thanks to their inconsistencies during crunchtime, the Minnesota Timberwolves are still out of the playoff picture at this point of the season. The recent string of injuries won’t help either as they have already lost a couple of starters in center Nikola Pekovic and shooting guard Kevin Martin to different injuries as well as Kevin Love in the last game.
Meanwhile, the Rockets have been getting contributions from all over the floor to help out Harden and center Dwight Howard for the five-game winning streak that includes victories over quality teams (San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns) and lottery-bound teams (Phoenix Suns and Milwaukee Bucks).
Patrick Beverley had 15 points and 3 blocked shots in their most recent game and Jeremy Lin came off the bench to score 18 markers. Harden returned from a two-game absence to average 24.3 points and 2 steals in his last three games while Howard is playing like an MVP in the last two logging in 30.5 points and 13.5 rebounds.
The bit of good news for Minnesota is that the All-Star power forward is set to return against Houston and they can certainly use his scoring in trying to keep up with the Rockets, which has averaged 108.6 points per game in this current five-game run.
The T'Wolves have been competitive in their last three games but couldn't come up with the win losing to the Oklahoma City Thunder, 106-97; New Orleans Pelicans, 98-91 and Portland Trail Blazers, 98-91.
Without three of their five starters, Minnesota went to Ricky Rubio (25 points and 9 assists) and Corey Brewer (26 points and 7 rebounds) in the losing effort.
Can the Timberwolves snap the skid? Or will the Rockets continue their surge?
Watch the Houston vs. Minnesota match-up via NBA League Pass.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans