‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 Update: New Supreme Learning New Special Skill for New Role
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 10:05 AM EST
The third chapter of "American Horror Story" recently concluded, with the crowning of a new Supreme. There is still some time for the cast and crew to start shooting for the fourth chapter of this FX-horror-supernatural thriller. However, Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," has spilled enough spoilers to keep the speculation-mill up and running.
The new season of "American Horror Story" will be set in two time periods. Murphy said to Entertainment Weekly that the main time period is 1950s. Murphy has yet to decide the new season's tone, but it will have "comedic tone" just like Season 3.
It is confirmed that Sarah Paulson is returning for Season 4. Since it is a new story-line, the new Supreme of Season 3 will be seen in a new role and not wearing the Supreme crown. Paulson is acquiring new skills for this role. Talking about her role in the new season, Paulson said to Vulture that she is not working on her accent like Jessica Lange. It was previously reported that Lange is practising her German accent for her role in Season 4.
Paulson teased that she is working on something else. The actress said to Vulture that she is learning "a special skill. A very special skill." This skill might be related to circus. According to rumours, the setting for the new season is likely to be a circus. Murphy, however, has refused to confirm this rumour.
In an interview to Huffington Post Canada, Murphy said that Lange will be playing "a Marlene Dietrich-type, which has always been one of her dreams."
Lange has said that the fourth season of "American Horror Story" will be her last season. Murphy, however, wants Lange to continue for more seasons. The co-creator already has an idea for Season 5. He said to Entertainment Weekly that Season 5 will be a "radically different idea" from previous seasons and it will "take a lot of playing."
"American Horror Story" Season 4 is expected to premiere sometime in October, 2014. Costume designer of "American Horror Story" has indicated that for Season 4, the setting will be New Orleans, again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier