‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 Update: New Supreme Learning New Special Skill for New Role
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 10:05 AM EST
The third chapter of "American Horror Story" recently concluded, with the crowning of a new Supreme. There is still some time for the cast and crew to start shooting for the fourth chapter of this FX-horror-supernatural thriller. However, Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," has spilled enough spoilers to keep the speculation-mill up and running.
The new season of "American Horror Story" will be set in two time periods. Murphy said to Entertainment Weekly that the main time period is 1950s. Murphy has yet to decide the new season's tone, but it will have "comedic tone" just like Season 3.
It is confirmed that Sarah Paulson is returning for Season 4. Since it is a new story-line, the new Supreme of Season 3 will be seen in a new role and not wearing the Supreme crown. Paulson is acquiring new skills for this role. Talking about her role in the new season, Paulson said to Vulture that she is not working on her accent like Jessica Lange. It was previously reported that Lange is practising her German accent for her role in Season 4.
Paulson teased that she is working on something else. The actress said to Vulture that she is learning "a special skill. A very special skill." This skill might be related to circus. According to rumours, the setting for the new season is likely to be a circus. Murphy, however, has refused to confirm this rumour.
In an interview to Huffington Post Canada, Murphy said that Lange will be playing "a Marlene Dietrich-type, which has always been one of her dreams."
Lange has said that the fourth season of "American Horror Story" will be her last season. Murphy, however, wants Lange to continue for more seasons. The co-creator already has an idea for Season 5. He said to Entertainment Weekly that Season 5 will be a "radically different idea" from previous seasons and it will "take a lot of playing."
"American Horror Story" Season 4 is expected to premiere sometime in October, 2014. Costume designer of "American Horror Story" has indicated that for Season 4, the setting will be New Orleans, again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales