‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 Update: New Supreme Learning New Special Skill for New Role
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 10:05 AM EST
The third chapter of "American Horror Story" recently concluded, with the crowning of a new Supreme. There is still some time for the cast and crew to start shooting for the fourth chapter of this FX-horror-supernatural thriller. However, Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," has spilled enough spoilers to keep the speculation-mill up and running.
The new season of "American Horror Story" will be set in two time periods. Murphy said to Entertainment Weekly that the main time period is 1950s. Murphy has yet to decide the new season's tone, but it will have "comedic tone" just like Season 3.
It is confirmed that Sarah Paulson is returning for Season 4. Since it is a new story-line, the new Supreme of Season 3 will be seen in a new role and not wearing the Supreme crown. Paulson is acquiring new skills for this role. Talking about her role in the new season, Paulson said to Vulture that she is not working on her accent like Jessica Lange. It was previously reported that Lange is practising her German accent for her role in Season 4.
Paulson teased that she is working on something else. The actress said to Vulture that she is learning "a special skill. A very special skill." This skill might be related to circus. According to rumours, the setting for the new season is likely to be a circus. Murphy, however, has refused to confirm this rumour.
In an interview to Huffington Post Canada, Murphy said that Lange will be playing "a Marlene Dietrich-type, which has always been one of her dreams."
Lange has said that the fourth season of "American Horror Story" will be her last season. Murphy, however, wants Lange to continue for more seasons. The co-creator already has an idea for Season 5. He said to Entertainment Weekly that Season 5 will be a "radically different idea" from previous seasons and it will "take a lot of playing."
"American Horror Story" Season 4 is expected to premiere sometime in October, 2014. Costume designer of "American Horror Story" has indicated that for Season 4, the setting will be New Orleans, again.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate