‘Orange is the New Black’ Season 2 Update Round-Up: Spoilers of Compelling New Season; Speculated Premiere Date
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 9:56 AM EST
The second season of "Orange is the New Black" is one of the most awaited seasons of a drama series this year. The Netflix's original drama-comedy has been a topic of incessant discussions on social media since its premiere in July 2013. The cast and crew recently wrapped-up filming the second season of "Orange is the New Black."
Just after the wrap-up news, Jenji Kohan, creator of "Orange is the New Black," cheered-up fans of Alex Vause, the lesbian inmate and ex-lover of Piper Chapman, by saying that Laura Prepon will be returning for most of the second season.
"Yes, yes, she [Prepon] is coming back," Kohan said to US Weekly. "Not the whole season, but...you'll see her for most of it."
In the upcoming season, every character's journey will be explored, as the focus will no longer centre on Piper Chapman. Kohan said to TV Guide, "It's becoming much more of an ensemble. I think people are interested in everybody's journey." She alluded to fans' favourites getting more screen time. Fans can expect to see the back-stories of Crazy Eyes, Galina "Red" Reznikov and Poussey Washington. Danielle Brooks has been promoted to series regular, which hints at more screen-time for Taystee when "Orange is the New Black" returns. Also, Tiffany "Pennsatucky" Doggett returns in the second season as a series regular.
However, Piper's story-line will not take a back-seat. She will still remain "important for the journey to come," according to TV Guide's report. It will be a time of struggle for Piper, without Alex or Larry. Taylor Schilling has indicated that Piper's alone time will help her "come to terms with herself." Also, Kohan said that "there were consequences" because of Piper's violent behaviour against Pennasatucky.
Lori Petty has been roped-in to guest-star in the new season of "Orange is the New Black." There are no details available about what role Petty's character will play.
The actors of "Orange is the New Black" believe the writing of Season 2 is better than Season 1. Brooks had said to E! Online, "the writing was amazing before and it has gotten even better, I don't know how they made it happen but it's really good. I think that people are going to be so excited about season two."
Schilling had said to Huffington Post that the upcoming season is getting "fuller, richer and more compelling."
Media is abuzz with speculations about "Orange is the New Black" Season 2 premiere date. According to media reports, the Netflix might make available Season 2 in spring, 2014. The Web-streaming site is likely to soon announce the premiere date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2