‘Orange is the New Black’ Season 2 Update Round-Up: Spoilers of Compelling New Season; Speculated Premiere Date
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 9:56 AM EST
The second season of "Orange is the New Black" is one of the most awaited seasons of a drama series this year. The Netflix's original drama-comedy has been a topic of incessant discussions on social media since its premiere in July 2013. The cast and crew recently wrapped-up filming the second season of "Orange is the New Black."
Just after the wrap-up news, Jenji Kohan, creator of "Orange is the New Black," cheered-up fans of Alex Vause, the lesbian inmate and ex-lover of Piper Chapman, by saying that Laura Prepon will be returning for most of the second season.
"Yes, yes, she [Prepon] is coming back," Kohan said to US Weekly. "Not the whole season, but...you'll see her for most of it."
In the upcoming season, every character's journey will be explored, as the focus will no longer centre on Piper Chapman. Kohan said to TV Guide, "It's becoming much more of an ensemble. I think people are interested in everybody's journey." She alluded to fans' favourites getting more screen time. Fans can expect to see the back-stories of Crazy Eyes, Galina "Red" Reznikov and Poussey Washington. Danielle Brooks has been promoted to series regular, which hints at more screen-time for Taystee when "Orange is the New Black" returns. Also, Tiffany "Pennsatucky" Doggett returns in the second season as a series regular.
However, Piper's story-line will not take a back-seat. She will still remain "important for the journey to come," according to TV Guide's report. It will be a time of struggle for Piper, without Alex or Larry. Taylor Schilling has indicated that Piper's alone time will help her "come to terms with herself." Also, Kohan said that "there were consequences" because of Piper's violent behaviour against Pennasatucky.
Lori Petty has been roped-in to guest-star in the new season of "Orange is the New Black." There are no details available about what role Petty's character will play.
The actors of "Orange is the New Black" believe the writing of Season 2 is better than Season 1. Brooks had said to E! Online, "the writing was amazing before and it has gotten even better, I don't know how they made it happen but it's really good. I think that people are going to be so excited about season two."
Schilling had said to Huffington Post that the upcoming season is getting "fuller, richer and more compelling."
Media is abuzz with speculations about "Orange is the New Black" Season 2 premiere date. According to media reports, the Netflix might make available Season 2 in spring, 2014. The Web-streaming site is likely to soon announce the premiere date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- Rihanna And Jay Z Romance Reports Quashed: Queen Bey And RiRi To Join Forces- Report
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- US, Canada Labour Activists ‘Block the Boat for Gaza’ Succeed in Blocking Docking of Israeli Ship in California Port
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Larger 5.5inch iPhone 6 Variant Will Roll Out in the Market as ‘iPhone 6L’
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff