‘Orange is the New Black’ Season 2 Update Round-Up: Spoilers of Compelling New Season; Speculated Premiere Date
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 11, 2014 9:56 AM EST
The second season of "Orange is the New Black" is one of the most awaited seasons of a drama series this year. The Netflix's original drama-comedy has been a topic of incessant discussions on social media since its premiere in July 2013. The cast and crew recently wrapped-up filming the second season of "Orange is the New Black."
Just after the wrap-up news, Jenji Kohan, creator of "Orange is the New Black," cheered-up fans of Alex Vause, the lesbian inmate and ex-lover of Piper Chapman, by saying that Laura Prepon will be returning for most of the second season.
"Yes, yes, she [Prepon] is coming back," Kohan said to US Weekly. "Not the whole season, but...you'll see her for most of it."
In the upcoming season, every character's journey will be explored, as the focus will no longer centre on Piper Chapman. Kohan said to TV Guide, "It's becoming much more of an ensemble. I think people are interested in everybody's journey." She alluded to fans' favourites getting more screen time. Fans can expect to see the back-stories of Crazy Eyes, Galina "Red" Reznikov and Poussey Washington. Danielle Brooks has been promoted to series regular, which hints at more screen-time for Taystee when "Orange is the New Black" returns. Also, Tiffany "Pennsatucky" Doggett returns in the second season as a series regular.
However, Piper's story-line will not take a back-seat. She will still remain "important for the journey to come," according to TV Guide's report. It will be a time of struggle for Piper, without Alex or Larry. Taylor Schilling has indicated that Piper's alone time will help her "come to terms with herself." Also, Kohan said that "there were consequences" because of Piper's violent behaviour against Pennasatucky.
Lori Petty has been roped-in to guest-star in the new season of "Orange is the New Black." There are no details available about what role Petty's character will play.
The actors of "Orange is the New Black" believe the writing of Season 2 is better than Season 1. Brooks had said to E! Online, "the writing was amazing before and it has gotten even better, I don't know how they made it happen but it's really good. I think that people are going to be so excited about season two."
Schilling had said to Huffington Post that the upcoming season is getting "fuller, richer and more compelling."
Media is abuzz with speculations about "Orange is the New Black" Season 2 premiere date. According to media reports, the Netflix might make available Season 2 in spring, 2014. The Web-streaming site is likely to soon announce the premiere date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June