Collection of Style to Open Melbourne Store in 2014
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 11, 2014 8:37 AM EST
Large bricks-and-mortar retail shops in Australia would likely be both happy and sad with more foreign fashion brands opening stores in the Land Down Under.
Christmas selling and spending this 2012 could be the best ever in three years for Australian retailers, according to a Christmas Retailers' Survey by the Deloitte Access Economics as consumers, cajoling Australian businesses ought to sing and dance as cash registers are predicted to ring louder this year.
While on one hand they would have more competition on top of rivalry with foreign online stores where purchases by Australians below $1,000 are GST-free, the playing field would be leveled insofar as GST is concerned since Aussie shoppers would need to pay the general sales tax even if the item they bought is just $1 from these foreign brands.
One such store is Collection of Style (COS) which on Monday announced the opening of its first Australian store in Melbourne in 2014. The retail outlet would be at The Strand Melbourne on Elizabeth Street.
It would be the first COS store in the southern hemisphere. Marie Honda, overall brand responsible for COS, said the retailer is looking forward to its opening in Australia and said that Melbourne is a vibrant, cultural and exciting city, making it the ideal location of its first store.
COS sells clothes for men and women, featuring high-end design and good quality but comes with affordable price tags. The company launched its first store in 2008 and has since opened outlets in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
COS policy is style over fashion and is known for garments that have timeless designs that go beyond the current season. It merges traditional methods of clothes-making with new techniques and innovative fabrics to create clothes that are both classic and modern, according to its Web site.
COS is actually part of the H&M Group which is also opening a Melbourne stores in April 2014 to its international portfolio.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015