Collection of Style to Open Melbourne Store in 2014
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 11, 2014 8:37 AM EST
Large bricks-and-mortar retail shops in Australia would likely be both happy and sad with more foreign fashion brands opening stores in the Land Down Under.
While on one hand they would have more competition on top of rivalry with foreign online stores where purchases by Australians below $1,000 are GST-free, the playing field would be leveled insofar as GST is concerned since Aussie shoppers would need to pay the general sales tax even if the item they bought is just $1 from these foreign brands.
One such store is Collection of Style (COS) which on Monday announced the opening of its first Australian store in Melbourne in 2014. The retail outlet would be at The Strand Melbourne on Elizabeth Street.
It would be the first COS store in the southern hemisphere. Marie Honda, overall brand responsible for COS, said the retailer is looking forward to its opening in Australia and said that Melbourne is a vibrant, cultural and exciting city, making it the ideal location of its first store.
COS sells clothes for men and women, featuring high-end design and good quality but comes with affordable price tags. The company launched its first store in 2008 and has since opened outlets in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
COS policy is style over fashion and is known for garments that have timeless designs that go beyond the current season. It merges traditional methods of clothes-making with new techniques and innovative fabrics to create clothes that are both classic and modern, according to its Web site.
COS is actually part of the H&M Group which is also opening a Melbourne stores in April 2014 to its international portfolio.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’