Valentine's Day 2014: Best Gifts for Her
By Janice Somosot | February 10, 2014 11:45 PM EST
It's almost time for Valentine's Day 2014. It will be on Friday, Feb. 14, 2014 and it is a special day for couples to celebrate their love for each other. Part of the Valentine's Day celebrations are gifts for your significant other. Guys, take note because here are some ideas to help you find the best gifts for her.
- FLOWERS -
Of course,Valentine's Day will not be complete without flowers! But, don't just give her the usual red roses or some flowers you just picked on the side of the road or from someone else's garden, unless those are her absolute favourite flowers. Why not give her some unique flowers such as tulips, carnation, lilacs, forget-me-nots, melianthus, myrtle, violets, honeysuckles or chrysanthemums. According to the Language of Flowers, these blossoms are the love flowers and have different meanings. Giving tulips is considered a declaration of love. For faithful love, give her violets. Here are the other meanings of love flowers:
1. MELIANTHUS - Love, Sweet Love
2. MYRTLE - Love
3. LILAC - First Emotions of Love
4. HONEYSUCKLE - Bonds of Love
5. FORGET-ME-NOT - True Love
6. CHRYSANTHEMUM, Red - I Love
7. ROSE OF SHARON - Consumed by Love
8. TULIP, Yellow - Hopeless Love
9. ACACIA, Yellow - Secret Love
10. COREPSIS, Arkansas - Love at First Sight
If you still want to go the traditional route by giving red roses or bouquets of flowers like lilies or daisies, check out the official Marks & Spencer Web site to pick from different choices of bouquets (Click HERE to visit the M&S Web site).
- JEWELRY -
Let's face it. Girls love getting jewelry especially from the guy she loves and on Valentine's Day, no less! A lot of women think it's very romantic. You can get your special girl earrings, a necklace, a bracelet or even a ring. If budget is not an issue, why not go to Tiffany & Co. and pick out a pair of pink heart-shaped earrings which are perfect for Valentine's! Click HERE to see a photo from the official Tiffany & Co. Web site. Or, if your girl prefers necklaces, get her a heart-shaped pendant (Click HERE to see a photo from the Tiffany & Co. Web site). Click HERE to check out other Tiffany & Co. jewelry ideas.
If Tiffany & Co. is way beyond your budget, you can check out Pandora's bracelets, rings or charms (Click HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE to see photos from the official Pandora Web site). Click HERE to check out the rest of the Pandora Valentine's Collection.
You can also give a cute locket (Click HERE to see photo from Etsy) and then put a secret handwritten message for your loved one.
- CHOCOLATES -
Instead of giving her the usual chocolates in a box, why not make it more romantic by giving her strawberries dipped in gourmet chocolate? You can get an assorted mix dipped in white, milk and dark chocolate and some even have additional toppings. Click HERE and HERE to see photos from the Red Envelope Web site.
- PERFUME -
A fruity floral scent housed in a heart-shaped container with a crown from Vera Wang would be a great gift because not only does it smell good, it also looks good (Click HERE to see a photo of Vera Wang Princess perfume from the official Vera Wang Web site). Or, you can also get the Vera Wang Lovestruck perfume which is a floral scent in a pink bottle with a bouquet of red roses on top (Click HERE to see a photo of Vera Wang Lovestruck perfume from the official Vera Wang Web site). You can also give her The Body Shop LOVE ETC... Solid Perfume (Click HERE to see a photo from The Body Shop Web site).
- CLOTHING -
Why not give her something that looks good, fits well and gives back the planet and its creatures? Give her the Ian Somerhalder Foundation (ISF) Vday Slim fit Pink Ladies Triblend V-neck (Click HERE to see photo from The Vanity Project). If she's not a fan of pink, it is also available in black. Or, get the ISF Vday Purple Vintage Pullover (Click HERE to see photo from The Vanity Project).
These are some of the best gifts for her this Valentine's Day 2014. Try to get them as early as you can and get it wrapped in a special box or bag then surprise her on V-Day and you'll make her very happy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff