Valentine's Day 2014: Best Gifts for Her
By Janice Somosot | February 10, 2014 11:45 PM EST
It's almost time for Valentine's Day 2014. It will be on Friday, Feb. 14, 2014 and it is a special day for couples to celebrate their love for each other. Part of the Valentine's Day celebrations are gifts for your significant other. Guys, take note because here are some ideas to help you find the best gifts for her.
- FLOWERS -
Of course,Valentine's Day will not be complete without flowers! But, don't just give her the usual red roses or some flowers you just picked on the side of the road or from someone else's garden, unless those are her absolute favourite flowers. Why not give her some unique flowers such as tulips, carnation, lilacs, forget-me-nots, melianthus, myrtle, violets, honeysuckles or chrysanthemums. According to the Language of Flowers, these blossoms are the love flowers and have different meanings. Giving tulips is considered a declaration of love. For faithful love, give her violets. Here are the other meanings of love flowers:
1. MELIANTHUS - Love, Sweet Love
2. MYRTLE - Love
3. LILAC - First Emotions of Love
4. HONEYSUCKLE - Bonds of Love
5. FORGET-ME-NOT - True Love
6. CHRYSANTHEMUM, Red - I Love
7. ROSE OF SHARON - Consumed by Love
8. TULIP, Yellow - Hopeless Love
9. ACACIA, Yellow - Secret Love
10. COREPSIS, Arkansas - Love at First Sight
If you still want to go the traditional route by giving red roses or bouquets of flowers like lilies or daisies, check out the official Marks & Spencer Web site to pick from different choices of bouquets (Click HERE to visit the M&S Web site).
- JEWELRY -
Let's face it. Girls love getting jewelry especially from the guy she loves and on Valentine's Day, no less! A lot of women think it's very romantic. You can get your special girl earrings, a necklace, a bracelet or even a ring. If budget is not an issue, why not go to Tiffany & Co. and pick out a pair of pink heart-shaped earrings which are perfect for Valentine's! Click HERE to see a photo from the official Tiffany & Co. Web site. Or, if your girl prefers necklaces, get her a heart-shaped pendant (Click HERE to see a photo from the Tiffany & Co. Web site). Click HERE to check out other Tiffany & Co. jewelry ideas.
If Tiffany & Co. is way beyond your budget, you can check out Pandora's bracelets, rings or charms (Click HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE to see photos from the official Pandora Web site). Click HERE to check out the rest of the Pandora Valentine's Collection.
You can also give a cute locket (Click HERE to see photo from Etsy) and then put a secret handwritten message for your loved one.
- CHOCOLATES -
Instead of giving her the usual chocolates in a box, why not make it more romantic by giving her strawberries dipped in gourmet chocolate? You can get an assorted mix dipped in white, milk and dark chocolate and some even have additional toppings. Click HERE and HERE to see photos from the Red Envelope Web site.
- PERFUME -
A fruity floral scent housed in a heart-shaped container with a crown from Vera Wang would be a great gift because not only does it smell good, it also looks good (Click HERE to see a photo of Vera Wang Princess perfume from the official Vera Wang Web site). Or, you can also get the Vera Wang Lovestruck perfume which is a floral scent in a pink bottle with a bouquet of red roses on top (Click HERE to see a photo of Vera Wang Lovestruck perfume from the official Vera Wang Web site). You can also give her The Body Shop LOVE ETC... Solid Perfume (Click HERE to see a photo from The Body Shop Web site).
- CLOTHING -
Why not give her something that looks good, fits well and gives back the planet and its creatures? Give her the Ian Somerhalder Foundation (ISF) Vday Slim fit Pink Ladies Triblend V-neck (Click HERE to see photo from The Vanity Project). If she's not a fan of pink, it is also available in black. Or, get the ISF Vday Purple Vintage Pullover (Click HERE to see photo from The Vanity Project).
These are some of the best gifts for her this Valentine's Day 2014. Try to get them as early as you can and get it wrapped in a special box or bag then surprise her on V-Day and you'll make her very happy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5 Most Breathtaking Sunsets In The World
- Mayweather’s Next Gift To GF Bad Medina Is A Private Jet
- Newlyweds Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Honeymoon Details, Couple On Board Luxury Yacht In Malta [SEE VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- 5 Scents For Men That Are Perfect For Fall 2014 Including Tom Ford Noir And Burberry Brit Rhythm For Men [WATCH VIDEOS]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone