Box Office Collection (Chennai): 'Pannaiyaarum Padminiyum', 'Pulivaal', 'Goli Soda' and 'Rummy'
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 10, 2014 9:33 PM EST
Check out the Chennai box office collection report of Tamil films "Rummy", "Pannaiyaarum Padminiyum", "Pulivaal" and "Goli Soda."
Vijay Sethupathi's "Pannaiyarum Padminiyum" topped the Chennai box office in its first weekend. The film, which received positive reviews, opened to a dull start on the first day of its release on 7 February.
However, positive word of mouth has helped the film do decent business in its opening weekend. The average theatre occupancy of the film was 75 percent and it raked in over ₹76 lakh during the debut weekend at the Chennai box office, according to Behindwoods.
The comedy-drama flick is likely to perform well in the coming days.
Vemal-Prasanna's "Pulivaal", which released on 7 February, has taken a below average opening in Chennai.
The average theatre occupancy for the film was about 40 percent and it earned more than ₹16 lakh in the first weekend.
"Pulivaal", which revolves around two people, received average reviews from critics. However, the performances of the lead actors have been appreciated. But that didn't help the film fetch good numbers in the debut weekend.
With the film facing strong competition from other new and earlier releases, it remains to be seen as to how it will perform in the coming days.
Vijay Sethupathi's "Rummy", which released on 31 January, took a below average opening in its opening weekend. The film has grossed over ₹70 lakh in 10 days in Chennai.
"Rummy" received mixed reviews from critics upon its release. The presence of Vijay Sethupathi ensured that the film got decent opening. However, its collections have dropped in the following days.
Interestingly, Vijay's second release ("Pannaiyarum Padminiyum") within a span of one week is doing well at the Chennai box office.
Director Vijay Milton's "Goli Soda" has been declared a superhit. The film, which released on 24 January, has performed exceptionally well despite having lesser-known actors as the main leads.
"Goli Soda" received fantastic response from the audience for its content and the performances, following which the number of shows for the film was increased. According to Behindwoods, "Goli Soda" grossed over ₹1 crore in 17 days at the Chennai box office.
Despite several new releases, "Goli Soda" held well at the box office and earned the superhit status.
Besides these films, Ajith's "Veeram" and Vijay's "Jilla" are still running successfully in theatres even after completing 30 days at the box office.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast