Justin Bieber 'Killed 7-Year-Old Boy Video' is Scam; Tricks Users into Installing Rogue App
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 10, 2014 9:31 PM EST
A Facebook post has claimed that Canadian pop star Justin Bieber accidentally killed a 7-year-old boy while driving under the influence (DUI). But the video has turned out to be a scam that tricks users into a video website.
Ambulances Rush Into Justin Bieber's Calabasas Property/Reuters
The scam came just a few weeks after the 19-year-old pop sensation was arrested in Miami on charges of driving under the influence (DUI) and drag racing in a Lamborghini.
The Facebook message said that the accident happened when the boy was on the way to school along with his sister.
"Breaking News: Justin Bieber Did it Again!! This time it's OVER...DUI," read the title of the video.
"Justine Bieber [sic] did it again! this time his CAREER is over.. He accidentaly killed a 7-Year-Old Boy that was walking to school with 12-Year-Old Sister..Police Investigate that bieber is positive in DUI," read the description.
However, this message circulating on Facebook is nothing but a scam, and Justin Bieber didn't kill a child.
According to Hoax Slayer: "The message is a scam designed to trick people into allowing a rogue app to send out spam messages on their behalf. The message is apparently an underhand attempt to promote a "trending video" website" and "suggests internet users not to click any links that it contains."
Hoax Slayer goes to say that the message is a scam designed to trick users into installing a rogue app that will spam out more of the same scam messages via Facebook. Links provided in the message take users to a page that has video on Bieber's recent arrest for DUI.
Internet users, who have installed the app, can uninstall it by removing it from the "App" section of their Facebook accounts.
The truth is Bieber was not involved in any accident, though he was arrested in Miami Beach last month and was charged for DUI, driving with an expired license and resisting arrest without violence. Police said that he was under the influence of drugs when the incident happened, and the singer too apparently told the police that he had consumed beer, anti-depressants pills and smoked marijuana.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate