‘Koffee with Karan’: Ex-Flame Anushka Sharma Takes Digs at Ranveer-Deepika
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 10, 2014 8:56 PM EST
Bubbly actress Anushka Sharma revealed her sly side, as she took digs at Ranveer Singh and alleged girlfriend Deepika Padukone on "Koffee with Karan."
Even though, it was director Anurag Kashyap's debut on Karan Johar's show, Anushka's alleged romantic liaison with Virat Kohli and her digs at Ranveer-Deepika was what hogged the limelight.
The "Jab Tak Hain Jaan" actress spoke about former boyfriend Ranveer, and said that as opposed to media reports, she shares a cordial relation with the actor even though they don't catch up like before. The actress, however, was surprised when Karan informed him that the "Gunday" actor had ranked her as the top actress over Deepika, despite being in a relation with the latter.
In the rapid fire round, the actress appeared quite perked up, as she said, "I would say my morning prayer, Ram, ram, ram..." on waking up as Deepika Padukone.
Directing her jibes at the duo again, the actress quipped mischievously, "I will watch 'Ram-leela'" and joked on possibly dancing to 'garba' with Ranveer and Deepika, if stuck in a lift together.
Anushka further shot straight-faced answer negating that she was not friends with the "Chennai Express" actress, as claimed by the latter in an earlier episode on the show.
Apart from picking on Deepika and Ranveer, the actress was left in a tight spot as host Karan kept drawing attention to her and Kohli's association. Even though the actress vehemently denied the statements, the actress was caught blushing and at once responded saying, "I feel so naked right now" on being linked with the cricketer.
Director Anurag Kashayp offered interesting answers as he blatantly termed director Ram Gopal Verma a thing of the past by terming him "Ram Gopal Verma was". The director hilariously put that he would lose his virginity if he were Salman Khan and advised Ranbir Kapoor to fall in love seriously. As for Kareena, he said that the actress should consider the scripts and not the star cast of the films in future.
The acclaimed director confessed to being jealous of contemporaries Rajkumar Hirani and Dibakar Bannerjee and felt their licenses should be revoke. "They create the most envy inside me," he explained.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1