‘Koffee with Karan’: Ex-Flame Anushka Sharma Takes Digs at Ranveer-Deepika
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 10, 2014 8:56 PM EST
Bubbly actress Anushka Sharma revealed her sly side, as she took digs at Ranveer Singh and alleged girlfriend Deepika Padukone on "Koffee with Karan."
Even though, it was director Anurag Kashyap's debut on Karan Johar's show, Anushka's alleged romantic liaison with Virat Kohli and her digs at Ranveer-Deepika was what hogged the limelight.
The "Jab Tak Hain Jaan" actress spoke about former boyfriend Ranveer, and said that as opposed to media reports, she shares a cordial relation with the actor even though they don't catch up like before. The actress, however, was surprised when Karan informed him that the "Gunday" actor had ranked her as the top actress over Deepika, despite being in a relation with the latter.
In the rapid fire round, the actress appeared quite perked up, as she said, "I would say my morning prayer, Ram, ram, ram..." on waking up as Deepika Padukone.
Directing her jibes at the duo again, the actress quipped mischievously, "I will watch 'Ram-leela'" and joked on possibly dancing to 'garba' with Ranveer and Deepika, if stuck in a lift together.
Anushka further shot straight-faced answer negating that she was not friends with the "Chennai Express" actress, as claimed by the latter in an earlier episode on the show.
Apart from picking on Deepika and Ranveer, the actress was left in a tight spot as host Karan kept drawing attention to her and Kohli's association. Even though the actress vehemently denied the statements, the actress was caught blushing and at once responded saying, "I feel so naked right now" on being linked with the cricketer.
Director Anurag Kashayp offered interesting answers as he blatantly termed director Ram Gopal Verma a thing of the past by terming him "Ram Gopal Verma was". The director hilariously put that he would lose his virginity if he were Salman Khan and advised Ranbir Kapoor to fall in love seriously. As for Kareena, he said that the actress should consider the scripts and not the star cast of the films in future.
The acclaimed director confessed to being jealous of contemporaries Rajkumar Hirani and Dibakar Bannerjee and felt their licenses should be revoke. "They create the most envy inside me," he explained.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft