Dhanush's 'Velai Illa Pattadhaari' vs Simbu's 'Vaalu': Big Audio Battle This Week
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 10, 2014 8:33 PM EST
The big audio battle between Dhanush's "Velai Iilla Pattadhaari" (Unemployed Graduate) and Simbu's "Vaalu" (Naughty) is all set to begin this week.
Velai Illa Pattathari (Twitter/Dhanush)
The music album of "Velai Illa Pattadhaari" and "Vaalu" will be releasing on the same day - Valentine's Day (14 February) - as a special treat for Dhanush and Simbu fans.
Young music composer Anirudh has worked on the soundtracks of "Velai Illa Pattadhari", directed by Velraj. The official tracklist and the title song teaser have been released on the net.
The tracklist includes songs "Po Indru Neeyaga", "Velai Illa Pattadhaari", "What a Karavad", "Amma Amma", "Ey Inga Paaru", "Udhungada Sangu" and "Sunrise Theme." [To check the tracklist, click HERE]
"Velai Illa Pattadhaari", reportedly made on a budget of ₹28 crore, is produced by Dhanush under his Wunderbar Films banner.
The film will have Amala Paul as the female lead, while the other cast members include Samudrakani, Saranya Ponvannan, Sathish and Anita Ratnam. Composer Anirudh and actor Sivakarthikeyan are reportedly making special appearances in the film.
The Dhanush starrer is expected to have a summer release this year.
On the other hand, Simbu's much-delayed "Vaalu" will have music by Thaman. The audio teaser of a single track from the film was released on the occasion of Simbu's birthday on 3 February. The song teaser "You Are My Darling" has received positive response. [To check the song teaser, click HERE]
With just three more days left for the audio release of "Velai Illa Pattadhaari" and "Vaalu", Simbu and Dhanush fans are eagerly waiting to listen to the songs. It remains to be seen as to which album will outperform the other.
Interestingly, it will be a double treat for Anirudh's fans. While he has composed the songs for Dhanush's film, he has also crooned a song in Simbu's film. Taking to his Twitter handle, Simbu thanked Anirudh for the song "Hey Vassammoakka."
"Thanks to @anirudhofficial for singing in #vaalu .Really a great gesture,dint even take a single penny .happy to have a friend like u :)," Simbu tweeted.
Directed by debutant Vijay Chander, "Vaalu" has Simbu and Hansika in lead roles. The comedy entertainer will also have Santhanam, Brahmanandam, Ganesh and Aadukalam Naren in supporting roles.
"Vaalu", reportedly made on a budget of ₹15 crore, is produced by S. S. Chakravarthy under Nic Arts. The film is all set to hit the screens on 1 May, 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More