Dhanush's 'Velai Illa Pattadhaari' vs Simbu's 'Vaalu': Big Audio Battle This Week
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 10, 2014 8:33 PM EST
The big audio battle between Dhanush's "Velai Iilla Pattadhaari" (Unemployed Graduate) and Simbu's "Vaalu" (Naughty) is all set to begin this week.
Velai Illa Pattathari (Twitter/Dhanush)
The music album of "Velai Illa Pattadhaari" and "Vaalu" will be releasing on the same day - Valentine's Day (14 February) - as a special treat for Dhanush and Simbu fans.
Young music composer Anirudh has worked on the soundtracks of "Velai Illa Pattadhari", directed by Velraj. The official tracklist and the title song teaser have been released on the net.
The tracklist includes songs "Po Indru Neeyaga", "Velai Illa Pattadhaari", "What a Karavad", "Amma Amma", "Ey Inga Paaru", "Udhungada Sangu" and "Sunrise Theme." [To check the tracklist, click HERE]
"Velai Illa Pattadhaari", reportedly made on a budget of ₹28 crore, is produced by Dhanush under his Wunderbar Films banner.
The film will have Amala Paul as the female lead, while the other cast members include Samudrakani, Saranya Ponvannan, Sathish and Anita Ratnam. Composer Anirudh and actor Sivakarthikeyan are reportedly making special appearances in the film.
The Dhanush starrer is expected to have a summer release this year.
On the other hand, Simbu's much-delayed "Vaalu" will have music by Thaman. The audio teaser of a single track from the film was released on the occasion of Simbu's birthday on 3 February. The song teaser "You Are My Darling" has received positive response. [To check the song teaser, click HERE]
With just three more days left for the audio release of "Velai Illa Pattadhaari" and "Vaalu", Simbu and Dhanush fans are eagerly waiting to listen to the songs. It remains to be seen as to which album will outperform the other.
Interestingly, it will be a double treat for Anirudh's fans. While he has composed the songs for Dhanush's film, he has also crooned a song in Simbu's film. Taking to his Twitter handle, Simbu thanked Anirudh for the song "Hey Vassammoakka."
"Thanks to @anirudhofficial for singing in #vaalu .Really a great gesture,dint even take a single penny .happy to have a friend like u :)," Simbu tweeted.
Directed by debutant Vijay Chander, "Vaalu" has Simbu and Hansika in lead roles. The comedy entertainer will also have Santhanam, Brahmanandam, Ganesh and Aadukalam Naren in supporting roles.
"Vaalu", reportedly made on a budget of ₹15 crore, is produced by S. S. Chakravarthy under Nic Arts. The film is all set to hit the screens on 1 May, 2014.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery