Kate Upton Gets Marriage Proposal, What Would Boyfriend Justin Verlander Say About This?
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 10, 2014 8:00 PM EST
What would Justin Verlander do if he finds out that another guy proposed to his girlfriend Kate Upton? Well, Verlander didn't really go ballistic because the marriage proposal wasn't really real.
Kate Upton arrives for the 50 Years of Beautiful broadcast special show in Los Angeles [Reuters/David McNew]
Verlander and Upton aren't really afraid to show the general public the real status of their relationship. After they were first seen watching a game of hockey in Philadelphia, Verlander and the 21-year-old Sports Illustrated model have had quite numerous outings subsequently.
On Friday, Verlander and Upton went out to watch the basketball game between the Orlando Magic and Oklahoma City Thunders, E! Online reported. When Verlander stepped away, Orlando Magic's Mascot, Stuff, seized the opportunity and asked Upton for her hand. The neon green dragon gave Upton a very large diamond ring.
Stuff's team defeated the Thunders by one point, 103 - 102.
Upton must've felt cheerful about Stuff's good-humored proposal because she later on thanked the dragon mascot on Twitter.
"Thanks @STUFF_mascot for the proposal tonight, great game," Upton posted a picture of her wearing the ring.
Stuff replied to Upton's post and seemed hopeful that the supermodel will really give a chance. "@KateUpton, she didn't say yes and she didn't say no, so you're saying there's a chance," Stuff tweeted.
Then, Verlander joined to conversation. "I was gone for five seconds," he tweeted.
Verlander and Upton never really made an official announcement about the real status of their relationship. Maybe they are more than just friends which should be fine. Verlander is single. Upton, on the other hand, is also single after she had split up with former beau Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
The mascot's antic of pulling a prank when Verlander went someplace and asked Upton's for her hand was adorable. Verlander will have to be careful next time because having a supermodel as a girlfriend means guys would be hitting on Upton all the time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Rafael Nadal Crowned as Most Popular Personality in Spain
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales