Kate Upton Gets Marriage Proposal, What Would Boyfriend Justin Verlander Say About This?
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 10, 2014 8:00 PM EST
What would Justin Verlander do if he finds out that another guy proposed to his girlfriend Kate Upton? Well, Verlander didn't really go ballistic because the marriage proposal wasn't really real.
Kate Upton arrives for the 50 Years of Beautiful broadcast special show in Los Angeles [Reuters/David McNew]
Verlander and Upton aren't really afraid to show the general public the real status of their relationship. After they were first seen watching a game of hockey in Philadelphia, Verlander and the 21-year-old Sports Illustrated model have had quite numerous outings subsequently.
On Friday, Verlander and Upton went out to watch the basketball game between the Orlando Magic and Oklahoma City Thunders, E! Online reported. When Verlander stepped away, Orlando Magic's Mascot, Stuff, seized the opportunity and asked Upton for her hand. The neon green dragon gave Upton a very large diamond ring.
Stuff's team defeated the Thunders by one point, 103 - 102.
Upton must've felt cheerful about Stuff's good-humored proposal because she later on thanked the dragon mascot on Twitter.
"Thanks @STUFF_mascot for the proposal tonight, great game," Upton posted a picture of her wearing the ring.
Stuff replied to Upton's post and seemed hopeful that the supermodel will really give a chance. "@KateUpton, she didn't say yes and she didn't say no, so you're saying there's a chance," Stuff tweeted.
Then, Verlander joined to conversation. "I was gone for five seconds," he tweeted.
Verlander and Upton never really made an official announcement about the real status of their relationship. Maybe they are more than just friends which should be fine. Verlander is single. Upton, on the other hand, is also single after she had split up with former beau Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
The mascot's antic of pulling a prank when Verlander went someplace and asked Upton's for her hand was adorable. Verlander will have to be careful next time because having a supermodel as a girlfriend means guys would be hitting on Upton all the time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown