Honey Boo Boo and Family Struggle to Cope With Accident, Pumpkin Back to the Hospital While Alana Suffers from PTSD?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 10, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Alana Thompson Honey Boo Boo and her family, Sugar Bear (also known as Mike Thompson) Lauryn Shannon, June Shannon and Jessica Shannon are all still recovering from a recent accident they got into in January of 2014 when their vehicle was hit by a truck. There were no serious injuries but Lauryn was briefly hospitalized due to some physical after effects.
Alana's recovery has not been smooth as well. According to reports, the eight-year-old reality star is suffering from what doctors call post-concussion symptoms, which include body aches, headaches and being confused and dazed. June told BANG showbiz that Honey Boo Boo also suffers from post-traumatic stress syndrome after experiencing a traumatic event. "So we just take it one day at a time," she said.
Alana's mother, June, is now worried that her youngest daughter may not return back to her normal self. While the family is recovering from their latest off-screen drama, fans are entertained with the new episodes of Here Come Honey Boo Boo Season Two on TLC. "We are still trying to get back to our normal routine as much as we can. This is going to help Alana's healing process," June explained. "It is frustrating that we do not know when she will be back to normal or what the outcome will be."
Meanwhile, June shared the news on Facebook that 14-year-old Pumpkin was back in the hospital after she experienced headaches, felt nauseous and passed out a couple of times after dinner. Later in the day, she updated the fans that Pumpkin was going home but still weak and in a lot of pain due to some accident aftereffects.
According to TMZ, authorities determined that Mike Thompson, also known as "Sugar Bear," was responsible for the car accident on Jan. 6, which injured the whole family.
It is still unknown how much of this event will be shown onto the television screens. The Milledgeville Police Dept. investigators in Georgia concluded that Sugar Bear was the one who was driving the family's SUV and made "an unsafe left turn in front of the truck" when the accident occurred. The family reportedly confessed that they saw lights on the other vehicle when the collision happened and this indicates that Sugar Bear shouldn't have made the unsafe left turn.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People