Honey Boo Boo and Family Struggle to Cope With Accident, Pumpkin Back to the Hospital While Alana Suffers from PTSD?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 10, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Alana Thompson Honey Boo Boo and her family, Sugar Bear (also known as Mike Thompson) Lauryn Shannon, June Shannon and Jessica Shannon are all still recovering from a recent accident they got into in January of 2014 when their vehicle was hit by a truck. There were no serious injuries but Lauryn was briefly hospitalized due to some physical after effects.
Alana's recovery has not been smooth as well. According to reports, the eight-year-old reality star is suffering from what doctors call post-concussion symptoms, which include body aches, headaches and being confused and dazed. June told BANG showbiz that Honey Boo Boo also suffers from post-traumatic stress syndrome after experiencing a traumatic event. "So we just take it one day at a time," she said.
Alana's mother, June, is now worried that her youngest daughter may not return back to her normal self. While the family is recovering from their latest off-screen drama, fans are entertained with the new episodes of Here Come Honey Boo Boo Season Two on TLC. "We are still trying to get back to our normal routine as much as we can. This is going to help Alana's healing process," June explained. "It is frustrating that we do not know when she will be back to normal or what the outcome will be."
Meanwhile, June shared the news on Facebook that 14-year-old Pumpkin was back in the hospital after she experienced headaches, felt nauseous and passed out a couple of times after dinner. Later in the day, she updated the fans that Pumpkin was going home but still weak and in a lot of pain due to some accident aftereffects.
According to TMZ, authorities determined that Mike Thompson, also known as "Sugar Bear," was responsible for the car accident on Jan. 6, which injured the whole family.
It is still unknown how much of this event will be shown onto the television screens. The Milledgeville Police Dept. investigators in Georgia concluded that Sugar Bear was the one who was driving the family's SUV and made "an unsafe left turn in front of the truck" when the accident occurred. The family reportedly confessed that they saw lights on the other vehicle when the collision happened and this indicates that Sugar Bear shouldn't have made the unsafe left turn.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS