Honey Boo Boo and Family Struggle to Cope With Accident, Pumpkin Back to the Hospital While Alana Suffers from PTSD?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 10, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Alana Thompson Honey Boo Boo and her family, Sugar Bear (also known as Mike Thompson) Lauryn Shannon, June Shannon and Jessica Shannon are all still recovering from a recent accident they got into in January of 2014 when their vehicle was hit by a truck. There were no serious injuries but Lauryn was briefly hospitalized due to some physical after effects.
Alana's recovery has not been smooth as well. According to reports, the eight-year-old reality star is suffering from what doctors call post-concussion symptoms, which include body aches, headaches and being confused and dazed. June told BANG showbiz that Honey Boo Boo also suffers from post-traumatic stress syndrome after experiencing a traumatic event. "So we just take it one day at a time," she said.
Alana's mother, June, is now worried that her youngest daughter may not return back to her normal self. While the family is recovering from their latest off-screen drama, fans are entertained with the new episodes of Here Come Honey Boo Boo Season Two on TLC. "We are still trying to get back to our normal routine as much as we can. This is going to help Alana's healing process," June explained. "It is frustrating that we do not know when she will be back to normal or what the outcome will be."
Meanwhile, June shared the news on Facebook that 14-year-old Pumpkin was back in the hospital after she experienced headaches, felt nauseous and passed out a couple of times after dinner. Later in the day, she updated the fans that Pumpkin was going home but still weak and in a lot of pain due to some accident aftereffects.
According to TMZ, authorities determined that Mike Thompson, also known as "Sugar Bear," was responsible for the car accident on Jan. 6, which injured the whole family.
It is still unknown how much of this event will be shown onto the television screens. The Milledgeville Police Dept. investigators in Georgia concluded that Sugar Bear was the one who was driving the family's SUV and made "an unsafe left turn in front of the truck" when the accident occurred. The family reportedly confessed that they saw lights on the other vehicle when the collision happened and this indicates that Sugar Bear shouldn't have made the unsafe left turn.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6