Honey Boo Boo and Family Struggle to Cope With Accident, Pumpkin Back to the Hospital While Alana Suffers from PTSD?
By Vanessa Francisco | February 10, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Alana Thompson Honey Boo Boo and her family, Sugar Bear (also known as Mike Thompson) Lauryn Shannon, June Shannon and Jessica Shannon are all still recovering from a recent accident they got into in January of 2014 when their vehicle was hit by a truck. There were no serious injuries but Lauryn was briefly hospitalized due to some physical after effects.
Alana's recovery has not been smooth as well. According to reports, the eight-year-old reality star is suffering from what doctors call post-concussion symptoms, which include body aches, headaches and being confused and dazed. June told BANG showbiz that Honey Boo Boo also suffers from post-traumatic stress syndrome after experiencing a traumatic event. "So we just take it one day at a time," she said.
Alana's mother, June, is now worried that her youngest daughter may not return back to her normal self. While the family is recovering from their latest off-screen drama, fans are entertained with the new episodes of Here Come Honey Boo Boo Season Two on TLC. "We are still trying to get back to our normal routine as much as we can. This is going to help Alana's healing process," June explained. "It is frustrating that we do not know when she will be back to normal or what the outcome will be."
Meanwhile, June shared the news on Facebook that 14-year-old Pumpkin was back in the hospital after she experienced headaches, felt nauseous and passed out a couple of times after dinner. Later in the day, she updated the fans that Pumpkin was going home but still weak and in a lot of pain due to some accident aftereffects.
According to TMZ, authorities determined that Mike Thompson, also known as "Sugar Bear," was responsible for the car accident on Jan. 6, which injured the whole family.
It is still unknown how much of this event will be shown onto the television screens. The Milledgeville Police Dept. investigators in Georgia concluded that Sugar Bear was the one who was driving the family's SUV and made "an unsafe left turn in front of the truck" when the accident occurred. The family reportedly confessed that they saw lights on the other vehicle when the collision happened and this indicates that Sugar Bear shouldn't have made the unsafe left turn.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0