Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Linked with Man City Midfielder for a Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 10, 2014 7:25 PM EST
Arsenal are planning to snatch Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry this coming summer, following the latter's impressive form in his loan spell at Everton this season.
On-loan Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry is eyed by Arsenal
The Gunners reportedly tried to pursuade the Eastlands-based outfit to sell the playmaker to them last summer, but instead, City lent him out to the Toffees.
Barry became, and still is, a regular starter for Roberto Martinez's squad, strongly influencing the middle of the park with a passing success rate of 85.9 per cent, while tallying 3 goals and 3 assists for the Merseysiders.
Martinez even pushed to make the deal permanent in January, however, the England international, whose contract expires this coming summer, opted to sort things out when this year's campaign ends.
He is believed to be looking to make one last big deal before he finally hangs his boots.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares