Wockhardt Third-quarter Profit Falls 29 percent
February 10, 2014 7:15 PM EST
Wockhardt Ltd (WCKH.NS) reported a 29 percent drop in quarterly net profit, hit by a fall in sales after the U.S. health regulator banned two of the drugmaker's plants from exporting products to the United States - its largest market.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Washington
In November, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued an import alert, effectively a ban, against Wockhardt's Chikalthana plant in western India. The FDA had imposed a ban on the company's Waluj plant in May.
Wockhardt's net profit in the third quarter fell to 3.04 billion rupees from 4.28 billion rupees a year earlier, the company said in a statement late on Sunday. Total sales dropped 14 percent to 12.37 billion rupees.
The company's U.S. business, which accounts for 44 percent of revenue, fell 30 percent in the quarter.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Russia Warns Citizens – Take Selfies, Have Lice
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Ebola Divides The US: More States Begin Applying Stricter Guidelines Than What CDC Imposed
- Canadian House Owners Preferring To Live In Core City Than In Suburbs: Study
- FIFA May Keep Russia and Ukraine Apart in World Cup 2018
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family