Manny Pacquiao: 'The Young Manny Is Who You Will See on April 12', Bradley Says ‘Pacquiao’s Religious Belief Won’t Allow Him to Be the Fighter He Once Was’
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 10, 2014 6:31 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao is extremely looking forward for the rematch against Timothy Bradley on April 12 at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, and he is confident that he will be able to deliver a clear victory against the American boxer.
Boxing Scene reported that Pacquiao will be bringing the skills that gave him reputation in the sport of boxing.
The Filipino boxer stated that he was thankful that God willed a second go between him and Bradley. "I have another chance to fight with aggressiveness and have the strength back in the last fight with Rios," said Pacquiao.
"I assure that the Manny Pacquiao, the aggressiveness and the young Manny Pacquiao is who you will see on April 12."
Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach agrees with the eight-division world champion. Roach stated that aggressiveness is indeed a vital factor for the Pacquiao-Bradley rematch.
"Aggressive is good in this fight," Roach told Boxing Scene.
"We have to cut the ring off." Roach said that Bradley would try to outbox Pacquiao so the trick is to try to shrink the space that Bradley has to maneuver in, and eventually getting him to head on to the corner when there's nowhere left for him to flee.
"Make it a little smaller and force him to fight a little bit more," said Roach.
As for Bradley, he was also thrilled for the rematch, Mercury News reported. Even though Bradley had won in their first fight, a lot of people doubted that he did win the bout.
"There is still a dark cloud that is going over my head after the first fight and I feel like I can't move on with my career," Bradley said.
Bradley stated that he was thankful for the opportunity of being able to have another rematch with Pacquiao. "I'm very pleased Pacquiao and I came to terms to make this fight happen," he said.
Regarding Pacquiao's claim that he will be fighting aggressively in their rematch, Bradley believes that Pacquiao is a different fighter now. He said that Pacquiao's religious belief has made him a compassionate man. He even highlighted the recent fight that the Filipino boxer fought in November against Brandon Rios. Bradley said that Pacquiao never had any intention to knock Rios out.
In an interview with HBO's Max Kellerman, Bradley stated that Pacquiao didn't want to say that he would knock him out.
"I'm like, just tell him you're going to knock me out," Bradley said.
"I'm going to ask God for that fire back," was all Pacquiao could say according to the American boxer.
Who, between the two fighters, will be in trouble in this rematch? The fight is undoubtedly a do-or-die one. It is a must-win battle for both boxers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected