Manny Pacquiao: 'The Young Manny Is Who You Will See on April 12', Bradley Says ‘Pacquiao’s Religious Belief Won’t Allow Him to Be the Fighter He Once Was’
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 10, 2014 6:31 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao is extremely looking forward for the rematch against Timothy Bradley on April 12 at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, and he is confident that he will be able to deliver a clear victory against the American boxer.
Boxing Scene reported that Pacquiao will be bringing the skills that gave him reputation in the sport of boxing.
The Filipino boxer stated that he was thankful that God willed a second go between him and Bradley. "I have another chance to fight with aggressiveness and have the strength back in the last fight with Rios," said Pacquiao.
"I assure that the Manny Pacquiao, the aggressiveness and the young Manny Pacquiao is who you will see on April 12."
Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach agrees with the eight-division world champion. Roach stated that aggressiveness is indeed a vital factor for the Pacquiao-Bradley rematch.
"Aggressive is good in this fight," Roach told Boxing Scene.
"We have to cut the ring off." Roach said that Bradley would try to outbox Pacquiao so the trick is to try to shrink the space that Bradley has to maneuver in, and eventually getting him to head on to the corner when there's nowhere left for him to flee.
"Make it a little smaller and force him to fight a little bit more," said Roach.
As for Bradley, he was also thrilled for the rematch, Mercury News reported. Even though Bradley had won in their first fight, a lot of people doubted that he did win the bout.
"There is still a dark cloud that is going over my head after the first fight and I feel like I can't move on with my career," Bradley said.
Bradley stated that he was thankful for the opportunity of being able to have another rematch with Pacquiao. "I'm very pleased Pacquiao and I came to terms to make this fight happen," he said.
Regarding Pacquiao's claim that he will be fighting aggressively in their rematch, Bradley believes that Pacquiao is a different fighter now. He said that Pacquiao's religious belief has made him a compassionate man. He even highlighted the recent fight that the Filipino boxer fought in November against Brandon Rios. Bradley said that Pacquiao never had any intention to knock Rios out.
In an interview with HBO's Max Kellerman, Bradley stated that Pacquiao didn't want to say that he would knock him out.
"I'm like, just tell him you're going to knock me out," Bradley said.
"I'm going to ask God for that fire back," was all Pacquiao could say according to the American boxer.
Who, between the two fighters, will be in trouble in this rematch? The fight is undoubtedly a do-or-die one. It is a must-win battle for both boxers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around