Manny Pacquiao: 'The Young Manny Is Who You Will See on April 12', Bradley Says ‘Pacquiao’s Religious Belief Won’t Allow Him to Be the Fighter He Once Was’
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 10, 2014 6:31 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao is extremely looking forward for the rematch against Timothy Bradley on April 12 at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, and he is confident that he will be able to deliver a clear victory against the American boxer.
Boxing Scene reported that Pacquiao will be bringing the skills that gave him reputation in the sport of boxing.
The Filipino boxer stated that he was thankful that God willed a second go between him and Bradley. "I have another chance to fight with aggressiveness and have the strength back in the last fight with Rios," said Pacquiao.
"I assure that the Manny Pacquiao, the aggressiveness and the young Manny Pacquiao is who you will see on April 12."
Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach agrees with the eight-division world champion. Roach stated that aggressiveness is indeed a vital factor for the Pacquiao-Bradley rematch.
"Aggressive is good in this fight," Roach told Boxing Scene.
"We have to cut the ring off." Roach said that Bradley would try to outbox Pacquiao so the trick is to try to shrink the space that Bradley has to maneuver in, and eventually getting him to head on to the corner when there's nowhere left for him to flee.
"Make it a little smaller and force him to fight a little bit more," said Roach.
As for Bradley, he was also thrilled for the rematch, Mercury News reported. Even though Bradley had won in their first fight, a lot of people doubted that he did win the bout.
"There is still a dark cloud that is going over my head after the first fight and I feel like I can't move on with my career," Bradley said.
Bradley stated that he was thankful for the opportunity of being able to have another rematch with Pacquiao. "I'm very pleased Pacquiao and I came to terms to make this fight happen," he said.
Regarding Pacquiao's claim that he will be fighting aggressively in their rematch, Bradley believes that Pacquiao is a different fighter now. He said that Pacquiao's religious belief has made him a compassionate man. He even highlighted the recent fight that the Filipino boxer fought in November against Brandon Rios. Bradley said that Pacquiao never had any intention to knock Rios out.
In an interview with HBO's Max Kellerman, Bradley stated that Pacquiao didn't want to say that he would knock him out.
"I'm like, just tell him you're going to knock me out," Bradley said.
"I'm going to ask God for that fire back," was all Pacquiao could say according to the American boxer.
Who, between the two fighters, will be in trouble in this rematch? The fight is undoubtedly a do-or-die one. It is a must-win battle for both boxers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown