Manny Pacquiao: 'The Young Manny Is Who You Will See on April 12', Bradley Says ‘Pacquiao’s Religious Belief Won’t Allow Him to Be the Fighter He Once Was’
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 10, 2014 6:31 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao is extremely looking forward for the rematch against Timothy Bradley on April 12 at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, and he is confident that he will be able to deliver a clear victory against the American boxer.
Boxing Scene reported that Pacquiao will be bringing the skills that gave him reputation in the sport of boxing.
The Filipino boxer stated that he was thankful that God willed a second go between him and Bradley. "I have another chance to fight with aggressiveness and have the strength back in the last fight with Rios," said Pacquiao.
"I assure that the Manny Pacquiao, the aggressiveness and the young Manny Pacquiao is who you will see on April 12."
Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach agrees with the eight-division world champion. Roach stated that aggressiveness is indeed a vital factor for the Pacquiao-Bradley rematch.
"Aggressive is good in this fight," Roach told Boxing Scene.
"We have to cut the ring off." Roach said that Bradley would try to outbox Pacquiao so the trick is to try to shrink the space that Bradley has to maneuver in, and eventually getting him to head on to the corner when there's nowhere left for him to flee.
"Make it a little smaller and force him to fight a little bit more," said Roach.
As for Bradley, he was also thrilled for the rematch, Mercury News reported. Even though Bradley had won in their first fight, a lot of people doubted that he did win the bout.
"There is still a dark cloud that is going over my head after the first fight and I feel like I can't move on with my career," Bradley said.
Bradley stated that he was thankful for the opportunity of being able to have another rematch with Pacquiao. "I'm very pleased Pacquiao and I came to terms to make this fight happen," he said.
Regarding Pacquiao's claim that he will be fighting aggressively in their rematch, Bradley believes that Pacquiao is a different fighter now. He said that Pacquiao's religious belief has made him a compassionate man. He even highlighted the recent fight that the Filipino boxer fought in November against Brandon Rios. Bradley said that Pacquiao never had any intention to knock Rios out.
In an interview with HBO's Max Kellerman, Bradley stated that Pacquiao didn't want to say that he would knock him out.
"I'm like, just tell him you're going to knock me out," Bradley said.
"I'm going to ask God for that fire back," was all Pacquiao could say according to the American boxer.
Who, between the two fighters, will be in trouble in this rematch? The fight is undoubtedly a do-or-die one. It is a must-win battle for both boxers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Manchester United Defender Phil Jones Fit To Play Versus Everton
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build