Liverpool FC Transfer News: Nottingham Forest Central Defender on Reds’ ‘Summer’ List
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 10, 2014 6:25 PM EST
Liverpool are eyeing Nottingham Forest promising defender Jamaal Lascelles as a possible signing this coming summer.
The Reds have sent chief scout Dave Fallows to watch the 20-year-old in action against Preston in January in an FA Cup fixture.
The 6'2" centre-back has featured 19 times in all competitions for the Championship side, while representing England in the under-20s in the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
He is known to be strong in the air and loves to block shot attempts made by the opposition.
Lascelles is seen to replace either Martin Skrtel or Daniel Agger, both of whom are rumoured to reunite with former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez at Napoli.
Forest has reportedly demanded £3million for Lascelles in January, but his stocks are continually rising, with a number of Premier League clubs like Arsenal, Tottenham, and New Castle United, also interested in bringing him in.
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013