Liverpool FC Transfer News: Nottingham Forest Central Defender on Reds’ ‘Summer’ List
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 10, 2014 6:25 PM EST
Liverpool are eyeing Nottingham Forest promising defender Jamaal Lascelles as a possible signing this coming summer.
The Reds have sent chief scout Dave Fallows to watch the 20-year-old in action against Preston in January in an FA Cup fixture.
The 6'2" centre-back has featured 19 times in all competitions for the Championship side, while representing England in the under-20s in the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
He is known to be strong in the air and loves to block shot attempts made by the opposition.
Lascelles is seen to replace either Martin Skrtel or Daniel Agger, both of whom are rumoured to reunite with former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez at Napoli.
Forest has reportedly demanded £3million for Lascelles in January, but his stocks are continually rising, with a number of Premier League clubs like Arsenal, Tottenham, and New Castle United, also interested in bringing him in.
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider
- Boxing News: WBC Announces Mandatory Fights For Each Division, WBC President Encourages Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight