Valentine’s Day Top 5 Adventures Gift Ideas in Australia – Beware of Scams
By Sachin Trivedi | February 10, 2014 5:29 PM EST
For readers who think they can get away with some flowers and chocolate it may be time to think again. Here is a look at the top 5 adventures gift ideas in Australia. Scammers may be targeting Valentine's Day to make a quick buck so readers are advised to be cautious.
A man and a woman watch balloons get ready before the 36th International Hot Air Balloon Week in Chateau-d'Oex February 1, 2014. Over 100 balloons from 15 countries were supposed to take part in the event that was finally cancelled due to high winds in altitude. REUTERS/Thomas Hodel (SWITZERLAND - Tags: SOCIETY TRANSPORT)
Valentine's Day is a perfect time for scammers and con artists to try and dupe unsuspecting targets. Readers should be cautious when they get suspicious mails from secret admirers or vendors offering gifts at prices which may be too good to be true.
There are multiple options for gifts for a valentine's day but clothing, hand bags and shoes may be too common. For the adventurous hearts there are some good deals currently on offer in Australia.
Adventure #1 - Skydiving in The Hunter Valley
Skydiving is a great way for couples to share an exciting moment in life together. Skydiving at The Hunter Valley takes the couple to over 14,000 feet over the ground. The couple can experience freefall before opening the parachute to get a view of the scenic beauty of the valley.
Adventure #2 - Brisbane's Story Bridge Climb
Couples can get a fresh look at Brisbane as they climb the iconic Story Bridge. The climb leads to an 80 metre summit and the couple can get a breathtaking 360 degrees view of the city of Brisbane.
Adventure #3 - Extreme Speed Boat Ride
For couples who wish to get some adrenaline pumping can go to Circular Quay, Sydney. The extreme speed boat ride lets the rider see the famous landmarks of Sydney like the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge et al. The boat travels at speeds of up to 50 knots or 100 km. A lucky few may even get a chance to see humpback whales.
Adventure #4 - Hot Air Balloon Ride Over Melbourne
Readers living near Melbourne can take the hot air balloon ride to get a romantic view of the city. The one hour gentle drift in the balloon could be just the thing needed to unwind and enjoy this Valentine's Day.
Adventure #5 - Swim with Dolphins and Seals
The nature loving couples can spend some time swimming with dolphins and seals at Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula. The 3 hours snorkelling could be a break from the mundane this Valentine's Day.
More Articles to Read
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Exhibition Coming to Town - Australia to Miss Out? [Read]
'Black Sails' TV Series Episode 1 and 2 Review and Spoilers [Read]
'The Game' on Bet Season 7 Premieres in March - Here is what The Fans are Saying [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy