Valentine’s Day Top 5 Adventures Gift Ideas in Australia – Beware of Scams
By Sachin Trivedi | February 10, 2014 5:29 PM EST
For readers who think they can get away with some flowers and chocolate it may be time to think again. Here is a look at the top 5 adventures gift ideas in Australia. Scammers may be targeting Valentine's Day to make a quick buck so readers are advised to be cautious.
A man and a woman watch balloons get ready before the 36th International Hot Air Balloon Week in Chateau-d'Oex February 1, 2014. Over 100 balloons from 15 countries were supposed to take part in the event that was finally cancelled due to high winds in altitude. REUTERS/Thomas Hodel (SWITZERLAND - Tags: SOCIETY TRANSPORT)
Valentine's Day is a perfect time for scammers and con artists to try and dupe unsuspecting targets. Readers should be cautious when they get suspicious mails from secret admirers or vendors offering gifts at prices which may be too good to be true.
There are multiple options for gifts for a valentine's day but clothing, hand bags and shoes may be too common. For the adventurous hearts there are some good deals currently on offer in Australia.
Adventure #1 - Skydiving in The Hunter Valley
Skydiving is a great way for couples to share an exciting moment in life together. Skydiving at The Hunter Valley takes the couple to over 14,000 feet over the ground. The couple can experience freefall before opening the parachute to get a view of the scenic beauty of the valley.
Adventure #2 - Brisbane's Story Bridge Climb
Couples can get a fresh look at Brisbane as they climb the iconic Story Bridge. The climb leads to an 80 metre summit and the couple can get a breathtaking 360 degrees view of the city of Brisbane.
Adventure #3 - Extreme Speed Boat Ride
For couples who wish to get some adrenaline pumping can go to Circular Quay, Sydney. The extreme speed boat ride lets the rider see the famous landmarks of Sydney like the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge et al. The boat travels at speeds of up to 50 knots or 100 km. A lucky few may even get a chance to see humpback whales.
Adventure #4 - Hot Air Balloon Ride Over Melbourne
Readers living near Melbourne can take the hot air balloon ride to get a romantic view of the city. The one hour gentle drift in the balloon could be just the thing needed to unwind and enjoy this Valentine's Day.
Adventure #5 - Swim with Dolphins and Seals
The nature loving couples can spend some time swimming with dolphins and seals at Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula. The 3 hours snorkelling could be a break from the mundane this Valentine's Day.
More Articles to Read
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Exhibition Coming to Town - Australia to Miss Out? [Read]
'Black Sails' TV Series Episode 1 and 2 Review and Spoilers [Read]
'The Game' on Bet Season 7 Premieres in March - Here is what The Fans are Saying [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Canadian Soldier Dies in 'Freak Accident' at Work
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide