Deutsche Telekom Buys Remainder of T-Mobile Czech Unit: Source
February 10, 2014 5:08 PM EST
Deutsche Telekom has bought the remaining parts of its T-Mobile Czech Republic division for about 800 million euros ($1.09 billion) to take full control of the unit, a source with knowledge of the matter said on Sunday.
The logo of Deutsche Telekom at a store in Bonn. (Reuters)
Deutsche Telekom is acquiring the 40-percent stake in T-Mobile Czech Republic from investors Mid Europa Partners (MEP) and Al Ain, the source said on the condition that he not be identified because the matter is confidential, confirming a report in Germany's Manager Magazin Online.
Deutsche Telekom declined to comment.
The German telecom operator plans to offer an integrated structure of mobile-phone networks and landlines across Europe.
Last November, Deutsche Telekom purchased GTS Central Europe for 546 million euros in a deal that earned the Bonn-based company, a fibre optic fixed-line and infrastructure business in Eastern Europe.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko