Deutsche Telekom Buys Remainder of T-Mobile Czech Unit: Source
February 10, 2014 5:08 PM EST
Deutsche Telekom has bought the remaining parts of its T-Mobile Czech Republic division for about 800 million euros ($1.09 billion) to take full control of the unit, a source with knowledge of the matter said on Sunday.
The logo of Deutsche Telekom at a store in Bonn. (Reuters)
Deutsche Telekom is acquiring the 40-percent stake in T-Mobile Czech Republic from investors Mid Europa Partners (MEP) and Al Ain, the source said on the condition that he not be identified because the matter is confidential, confirming a report in Germany's Manager Magazin Online.
Deutsche Telekom declined to comment.
The German telecom operator plans to offer an integrated structure of mobile-phone networks and landlines across Europe.
Last November, Deutsche Telekom purchased GTS Central Europe for 546 million euros in a deal that earned the Bonn-based company, a fibre optic fixed-line and infrastructure business in Eastern Europe.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Russia Warns Citizens – Take Selfies, Have Lice
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Ebola Divides The US: More States Begin Applying Stricter Guidelines Than What CDC Imposed
- Canadian House Owners Preferring To Live In Core City Than In Suburbs: Study
- FIFA May Keep Russia and Ukraine Apart in World Cup 2018
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family