‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Episode 9, ‘After’ Recap and Review: Total Zombie Kills, Michonne’s Past, Brave Carl Grimes
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 10, 2014 4:45 PM EST
"Don't Look Back" reads "The Walking Dead" season 4 mid-season premiere poster. After the horrific war with the Governor at the end of mid-season finale, Rick and other survivors lost their home - the prison. The group has been scattered after the battle, and they are on the roads again. "The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 9 titled "After" focused on Michonne, Carl and Rick Grimes.
The episode starts with a bird's eye view of the prison. The walkers have covered the grounds, and they are eating up a dead horse. The walkers also pass the dead Governor. Well, he might return as a walker.
Michonne looks at the chaos on the prison grounds and takes down some walkers. Later, she slices the hands of two walkers only to make them her new pets. She stumbles upon Hershel's head which has turned. Michonne puts him out of his misery.
Rick and Carl Grimes are walking away from the prison. Rick is in a bad shape after his one-on-one with the Governor, and Carl doesn't seem to bother about his father's battered state.
Clearly, father and son are having tense moments. They were unable to locate baby Judith in "The Walking Dead" season 4 mid-season finale.
Rick's brutally injured after the battle, and at one point, it looks like he is gone and ready to turn into a walker. According to Carl, he would not care if Rick lives or dies.
'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Episode 9 is Carl's Episode
He acts like a boss, like an adult in this episode. With daddy Rick on the couch, Carl is free to do anything. However, after a few close calls with the walkers, he realises that being a leader is not all that cool.
Thankfully, Rick is alive and recovering. Moreover, he acknowledges the fact that Carl is all grown up now.
Michonne later gets rid of the pet walkers and decides to go further on her own. Later, she meets Rick and Carl at the housing complex.
After watching Michonne holding baby Judith in one of the past episodes, fans speculated that she had a child before the zombie apocalypse.
"The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 9 "After" confirms the fact. Michonne dreams about her past. She is in her old home with Mike (her lover), their son and their friend.
The episode shows scenes from before the apocalypse, during and after. It is confirmed that her past walker pets were the same two men. What about the child?
Well, Mike might have killed himself and the child because he could take it anymore.
Clearly, episode 9, "After," is a superb mid-season premiere of "The Walking Dead" season 4.
Michonne is the star when it comes to zombie killing on the show.
Total Zombie Deaths: 29 Including Hershel's Severed Head
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'