‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Episode 9, ‘After’ Recap and Review: Total Zombie Kills, Michonne’s Past, Brave Carl Grimes
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 10, 2014 4:45 PM EST
"Don't Look Back" reads "The Walking Dead" season 4 mid-season premiere poster. After the horrific war with the Governor at the end of mid-season finale, Rick and other survivors lost their home - the prison. The group has been scattered after the battle, and they are on the roads again. "The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 9 titled "After" focused on Michonne, Carl and Rick Grimes.
The episode starts with a bird's eye view of the prison. The walkers have covered the grounds, and they are eating up a dead horse. The walkers also pass the dead Governor. Well, he might return as a walker.
Michonne looks at the chaos on the prison grounds and takes down some walkers. Later, she slices the hands of two walkers only to make them her new pets. She stumbles upon Hershel's head which has turned. Michonne puts him out of his misery.
Rick and Carl Grimes are walking away from the prison. Rick is in a bad shape after his one-on-one with the Governor, and Carl doesn't seem to bother about his father's battered state.
Clearly, father and son are having tense moments. They were unable to locate baby Judith in "The Walking Dead" season 4 mid-season finale.
Rick's brutally injured after the battle, and at one point, it looks like he is gone and ready to turn into a walker. According to Carl, he would not care if Rick lives or dies.
'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Episode 9 is Carl's Episode
He acts like a boss, like an adult in this episode. With daddy Rick on the couch, Carl is free to do anything. However, after a few close calls with the walkers, he realises that being a leader is not all that cool.
Thankfully, Rick is alive and recovering. Moreover, he acknowledges the fact that Carl is all grown up now.
Michonne later gets rid of the pet walkers and decides to go further on her own. Later, she meets Rick and Carl at the housing complex.
After watching Michonne holding baby Judith in one of the past episodes, fans speculated that she had a child before the zombie apocalypse.
"The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 9 "After" confirms the fact. Michonne dreams about her past. She is in her old home with Mike (her lover), their son and their friend.
The episode shows scenes from before the apocalypse, during and after. It is confirmed that her past walker pets were the same two men. What about the child?
Well, Mike might have killed himself and the child because he could take it anymore.
Clearly, episode 9, "After," is a superb mid-season premiere of "The Walking Dead" season 4.
Michonne is the star when it comes to zombie killing on the show.
Total Zombie Deaths: 29 Including Hershel's Severed Head
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence