‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Episode 9, ‘After’ Recap and Review: Total Zombie Kills, Michonne’s Past, Brave Carl Grimes
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 10, 2014 4:45 PM EST
"Don't Look Back" reads "The Walking Dead" season 4 mid-season premiere poster. After the horrific war with the Governor at the end of mid-season finale, Rick and other survivors lost their home - the prison. The group has been scattered after the battle, and they are on the roads again. "The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 9 titled "After" focused on Michonne, Carl and Rick Grimes.
The episode starts with a bird's eye view of the prison. The walkers have covered the grounds, and they are eating up a dead horse. The walkers also pass the dead Governor. Well, he might return as a walker.
Michonne looks at the chaos on the prison grounds and takes down some walkers. Later, she slices the hands of two walkers only to make them her new pets. She stumbles upon Hershel's head which has turned. Michonne puts him out of his misery.
Rick and Carl Grimes are walking away from the prison. Rick is in a bad shape after his one-on-one with the Governor, and Carl doesn't seem to bother about his father's battered state.
Clearly, father and son are having tense moments. They were unable to locate baby Judith in "The Walking Dead" season 4 mid-season finale.
Rick's brutally injured after the battle, and at one point, it looks like he is gone and ready to turn into a walker. According to Carl, he would not care if Rick lives or dies.
'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Episode 9 is Carl's Episode
He acts like a boss, like an adult in this episode. With daddy Rick on the couch, Carl is free to do anything. However, after a few close calls with the walkers, he realises that being a leader is not all that cool.
Thankfully, Rick is alive and recovering. Moreover, he acknowledges the fact that Carl is all grown up now.
Michonne later gets rid of the pet walkers and decides to go further on her own. Later, she meets Rick and Carl at the housing complex.
After watching Michonne holding baby Judith in one of the past episodes, fans speculated that she had a child before the zombie apocalypse.
"The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 9 "After" confirms the fact. Michonne dreams about her past. She is in her old home with Mike (her lover), their son and their friend.
The episode shows scenes from before the apocalypse, during and after. It is confirmed that her past walker pets were the same two men. What about the child?
Well, Mike might have killed himself and the child because he could take it anymore.
Clearly, episode 9, "After," is a superb mid-season premiere of "The Walking Dead" season 4.
Michonne is the star when it comes to zombie killing on the show.
Total Zombie Deaths: 29 Including Hershel's Severed Head
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase