‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Episode 9, ‘After’ Recap and Review: Total Zombie Kills, Michonne’s Past, Brave Carl Grimes
By Tarun Mazumdar | February 10, 2014 4:45 PM EST
"Don't Look Back" reads "The Walking Dead" season 4 mid-season premiere poster. After the horrific war with the Governor at the end of mid-season finale, Rick and other survivors lost their home - the prison. The group has been scattered after the battle, and they are on the roads again. "The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 9 titled "After" focused on Michonne, Carl and Rick Grimes.
The episode starts with a bird's eye view of the prison. The walkers have covered the grounds, and they are eating up a dead horse. The walkers also pass the dead Governor. Well, he might return as a walker.
Michonne looks at the chaos on the prison grounds and takes down some walkers. Later, she slices the hands of two walkers only to make them her new pets. She stumbles upon Hershel's head which has turned. Michonne puts him out of his misery.
Rick and Carl Grimes are walking away from the prison. Rick is in a bad shape after his one-on-one with the Governor, and Carl doesn't seem to bother about his father's battered state.
Clearly, father and son are having tense moments. They were unable to locate baby Judith in "The Walking Dead" season 4 mid-season finale.
Rick's brutally injured after the battle, and at one point, it looks like he is gone and ready to turn into a walker. According to Carl, he would not care if Rick lives or dies.
'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Episode 9 is Carl's Episode
He acts like a boss, like an adult in this episode. With daddy Rick on the couch, Carl is free to do anything. However, after a few close calls with the walkers, he realises that being a leader is not all that cool.
Thankfully, Rick is alive and recovering. Moreover, he acknowledges the fact that Carl is all grown up now.
Michonne later gets rid of the pet walkers and decides to go further on her own. Later, she meets Rick and Carl at the housing complex.
After watching Michonne holding baby Judith in one of the past episodes, fans speculated that she had a child before the zombie apocalypse.
"The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 9 "After" confirms the fact. Michonne dreams about her past. She is in her old home with Mike (her lover), their son and their friend.
The episode shows scenes from before the apocalypse, during and after. It is confirmed that her past walker pets were the same two men. What about the child?
Well, Mike might have killed himself and the child because he could take it anymore.
Clearly, episode 9, "After," is a superb mid-season premiere of "The Walking Dead" season 4.
Michonne is the star when it comes to zombie killing on the show.
Total Zombie Deaths: 29 Including Hershel's Severed Head
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date