Is Shia LaBeouf Losing It? Actor Walks Around with Paper Bag over his Head, Talks about Sardines
By Keerthi Mohan | February 10, 2014 4:43 PM EST
After a number of bizarre incidents that include storming out of a press conference after talking about sardines, and appearing on the red carpet with a paper bag over his head, industry sources believe that actor Shia LaBeouf is finally losing it.
Shia LaBeouf arrives on the red carpet to promote the movie "Nymphomaniac Volume I" during the 64th Berlinale International Film Festival in Berlin February 9.
On Sunday, the "Transformers" actor, who was promoting his movie, "Nymphomaniac," in Berlin appeared at a press conference dressed in dirty clothes, and with one tooth missing. When questioned about working in a movie with so many sex scenes, LaBeouf replied: “When the seagulls follow the trawler, it’s because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much.”
He then walked out of the press conference, but continued with his weird antics when he appeared with a paper bag over his head on the red carpet of the Berlin Film Festival.
”I Am Not Famous Anymore” was written in large letters on the bag, which had two holes for his eyes.
It is yet not sure if LaBeouf’s recent antics are part of his art project or the beginning of a very public meltdown. Early this year, the actor, who was accused of plagiarising the work of another writer, was reportedly looking to stage a performance art piece called #IAMSORRY, where he sits alone in a room with a paper bag on his head.
This art piece was said to be an apology of sorts for plagiariasing the work of another artist, Daily Mail reported..
“Performance art has been a way of appealing directly to a large public, as well as shocking audiences into reassessing their own notions of art and its relation to culture,” LaBeouf wrote on his Twitter account, according to Entertainmentwise.com.
“My Twitter “@thecampaignbook” is meta-modernist performance art. A performance redress which is all a public apology really is. All art is either plagarisum [sic] or revolution & to be revolutionary in art today, is to be reactionary. In the midst of being embroiled in acts of intended plagiarism, the world caught me & I reacted."
The tweet has since been deleted.
In recent times, the actor also indicated his intention to move out of public life, and he has been reinstating his desire by tweeting “I Am Not Famous Anymore” on a daily basis.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica