Is Shia LaBeouf Losing It? Actor Walks Around with Paper Bag over his Head, Talks about Sardines
By Keerthi Mohan | February 10, 2014 4:43 PM EST
After a number of bizarre incidents that include storming out of a press conference after talking about sardines, and appearing on the red carpet with a paper bag over his head, industry sources believe that actor Shia LaBeouf is finally losing it.
Shia LaBeouf arrives on the red carpet to promote the movie "Nymphomaniac Volume I" during the 64th Berlinale International Film Festival in Berlin February 9.
On Sunday, the "Transformers" actor, who was promoting his movie, "Nymphomaniac," in Berlin appeared at a press conference dressed in dirty clothes, and with one tooth missing. When questioned about working in a movie with so many sex scenes, LaBeouf replied: “When the seagulls follow the trawler, it’s because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much.”
He then walked out of the press conference, but continued with his weird antics when he appeared with a paper bag over his head on the red carpet of the Berlin Film Festival.
”I Am Not Famous Anymore” was written in large letters on the bag, which had two holes for his eyes.
It is yet not sure if LaBeouf’s recent antics are part of his art project or the beginning of a very public meltdown. Early this year, the actor, who was accused of plagiarising the work of another writer, was reportedly looking to stage a performance art piece called #IAMSORRY, where he sits alone in a room with a paper bag on his head.
This art piece was said to be an apology of sorts for plagiariasing the work of another artist, Daily Mail reported..
“Performance art has been a way of appealing directly to a large public, as well as shocking audiences into reassessing their own notions of art and its relation to culture,” LaBeouf wrote on his Twitter account, according to Entertainmentwise.com.
“My Twitter “@thecampaignbook” is meta-modernist performance art. A performance redress which is all a public apology really is. All art is either plagarisum [sic] or revolution & to be revolutionary in art today, is to be reactionary. In the midst of being embroiled in acts of intended plagiarism, the world caught me & I reacted."
The tweet has since been deleted.
In recent times, the actor also indicated his intention to move out of public life, and he has been reinstating his desire by tweeting “I Am Not Famous Anymore” on a daily basis.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features