Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Looking to Sign Chelsea Defender on a Free Transfer
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 10, 2014 4:37 PM EST
Liverpool are looking to bring in Chelsea defender Ashley Cole this coming summer, with his contract expiring at the end of the season, according to sources.
Chelsea defender Ashley Cole is linked with a move to Liverpool after the 2013/14 season
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers wants to take advantage of the 33-year-old's invaluable experience gained in the Premier League and as England's first-choice for years, with the luxury of not having to spend a penny for his acquisition, while looking around for a developing talent that could serve the club for the long haul.
Cole, who battled a rib injury this season, saw his playing time diminished in favour of teammate Cesar Azpilicueta, and from the looks of it, there is minimal probability that the trend will change anytime soon.
League rivals Manchester United are also reported to be interested in making the most out of the left-back's remaining years in Europe.
The Chelsea man has also been linked to be making a move to the MLS, but is suggested to have deferred any offer until such time that he deems it fit.
If he can keep himself healthy at Anfield, should the transfer materialise, then he might have a successful stint with Liverpool.
Such is the case with Samuel Eto'o (Chelsea) and Martin Demichelis (Manchester City) who proved, thus far, that quality can defy age.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report