Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Looking to Sign Chelsea Defender on a Free Transfer
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 10, 2014 4:37 PM EST
Liverpool are looking to bring in Chelsea defender Ashley Cole this coming summer, with his contract expiring at the end of the season, according to sources.
Chelsea defender Ashley Cole is linked with a move to Liverpool after the 2013/14 season
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers wants to take advantage of the 33-year-old's invaluable experience gained in the Premier League and as England's first-choice for years, with the luxury of not having to spend a penny for his acquisition, while looking around for a developing talent that could serve the club for the long haul.
Cole, who battled a rib injury this season, saw his playing time diminished in favour of teammate Cesar Azpilicueta, and from the looks of it, there is minimal probability that the trend will change anytime soon.
League rivals Manchester United are also reported to be interested in making the most out of the left-back's remaining years in Europe.
The Chelsea man has also been linked to be making a move to the MLS, but is suggested to have deferred any offer until such time that he deems it fit.
If he can keep himself healthy at Anfield, should the transfer materialise, then he might have a successful stint with Liverpool.
Such is the case with Samuel Eto'o (Chelsea) and Martin Demichelis (Manchester City) who proved, thus far, that quality can defy age.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery