Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Looking to Sign Chelsea Defender on a Free Transfer
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 10, 2014 4:37 PM EST
Liverpool are looking to bring in Chelsea defender Ashley Cole this coming summer, with his contract expiring at the end of the season, according to sources.
Chelsea defender Ashley Cole is linked with a move to Liverpool after the 2013/14 season
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers wants to take advantage of the 33-year-old's invaluable experience gained in the Premier League and as England's first-choice for years, with the luxury of not having to spend a penny for his acquisition, while looking around for a developing talent that could serve the club for the long haul.
Cole, who battled a rib injury this season, saw his playing time diminished in favour of teammate Cesar Azpilicueta, and from the looks of it, there is minimal probability that the trend will change anytime soon.
League rivals Manchester United are also reported to be interested in making the most out of the left-back's remaining years in Europe.
The Chelsea man has also been linked to be making a move to the MLS, but is suggested to have deferred any offer until such time that he deems it fit.
If he can keep himself healthy at Anfield, should the transfer materialise, then he might have a successful stint with Liverpool.
Such is the case with Samuel Eto'o (Chelsea) and Martin Demichelis (Manchester City) who proved, thus far, that quality can defy age.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports