Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Looking to Sign Chelsea Defender on a Free Transfer
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 10, 2014 4:37 PM EST
Liverpool are looking to bring in Chelsea defender Ashley Cole this coming summer, with his contract expiring at the end of the season, according to sources.
Chelsea defender Ashley Cole is linked with a move to Liverpool after the 2013/14 season
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers wants to take advantage of the 33-year-old's invaluable experience gained in the Premier League and as England's first-choice for years, with the luxury of not having to spend a penny for his acquisition, while looking around for a developing talent that could serve the club for the long haul.
Cole, who battled a rib injury this season, saw his playing time diminished in favour of teammate Cesar Azpilicueta, and from the looks of it, there is minimal probability that the trend will change anytime soon.
League rivals Manchester United are also reported to be interested in making the most out of the left-back's remaining years in Europe.
The Chelsea man has also been linked to be making a move to the MLS, but is suggested to have deferred any offer until such time that he deems it fit.
If he can keep himself healthy at Anfield, should the transfer materialise, then he might have a successful stint with Liverpool.
Such is the case with Samuel Eto'o (Chelsea) and Martin Demichelis (Manchester City) who proved, thus far, that quality can defy age.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop