Box Office Collection: Ajith's 'Veeram', Vijay's 'Jilla' 4-Week Worldwide Figures
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 10, 2014 4:26 PM EST
"Jilla" and "Veeram", which released on 10 January, is still running successfully in theatres after completing 30 days at the box office.
Ajith and Santhanam in "Veeram" (Facebook/Veeram Movie Fans Page)
Kollywood Roundup (January 2014): Vijay vs Ajith Clash, Suriya's 'Anjaan' and Other Entertainment Stories
The overall performance of Vijay and Ajith's films has been good. According to Andhraboxoffice, "Jilla" earned ₹35.4 crore share in four weeks at the worldwide box office.
The film's four-week nett figures from India stand at ₹45 crore, with Tamil Nadu contributing a major chunk of it - ₹35.3 crore. The Vijay starrer has performed well in Kerala, where it had earned approximately ₹5.8 crore nett in four weeks. The film has also performed decently in Karnataka, rest of India and overseas markets, according to the website. It states that "Jilla" performance is below average in Tamil Nadu due to 30 percent entertainment tax, however, the film has turned out to be a hit outside the state.
"Jilla" completed 25 days at the box office on 3 February and still holds well in several theatres. The action-packed entertainer has successfully entered into its fifth week, despite new releases.
Ajith's "Veeram" has also managed to do good business despite facing strong competition from "Jilla." "Veeram" minted a worldwide share of ₹34.5 crore in four weeks at the worldwide box office. The family entertainer's nett collections from India amounts to ₹46 crore, which is higher than "Jilla."
According to Andhraboxoffice, "Veeram" collections (share) have been average in Tamil Nadu due to 30 percent entertainment tax, whereas it is a hit outside the state.
Like "Jilla", "Veeram" too successfully completed 25-day theatrical run on 3 February and continues to be shown in several screens across Tamil Nadu. The Ajith starrer completed four weeks and entered the fifth week.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date