Rupee Edges up; Stocks Eyed
February 10, 2014 4:19 PM EST
The rupee is trading at 62.13/14 per dollar versus its previous close of 62.2825/2925. The USD/INR pair is seen moving in a 62.00 to 62.40 range during the day.
Fears about debt-ceiling crisis in the US pulls rupee down. (Reuters)
Traders will watch domestic shares, currently trading up 0.2 percent, for cues on foreign fund flows.
While the rise of 113,000 U.S. payrolls was well short of a forecast increase of 185,000, the details were not bad enough to sway the Federal Reserve from steadily winding down its bond-buying stimulus.
Asian markets made guarded gains on Monday, encouraged that Wall Street was able to weather a seemingly disappointing U.S. jobs report, though there is more than enough event risk ahead to keep investors cautious.
Join the Conversation
- Japan’s Fukushima Badly Wants To Host 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Unique Traits That Make You A Millennial
- Russian Prime Minister Meets Exporting Companies To Find Solutions To Falling Ruble
- Top Google Canada 2014 Searches: Robin Williams, World Cup, iPhone 6
- It May Be Time To Switch To A New Job: 5 Signs And When