Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. iPhone 6: New Specs Comparison Says Samsung Galaxy Is Better
By Precious Silva | February 10, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Samsung and Apple's rivalry continues this year as both companies brace for the release of their new flagship phones.
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
Samsung's Galaxy S5 will reportedly be announced this February at the Mobile World Congress 2014 while Apple's iPhone 6 may show up around June or September. With both phones promising groundbreaking specs and improvements, it boils down to which smartphone has better performance. A new specs comparison report claimed Samsung Galaxy S5 is better.
KDB Daewoo Securities released its forecasts or analyses about the upcoming flagship phones. The focus of KDB's report this time was Apple's iPhone 6 and Samsung's Galaxy S5. According to specs comparison and Yahoo, the Samsung Galaxy S5 may be more powerful than iPhone 6.
According to the report, Apple will be releasing iPhone 6 with a bigger display. The tech giant will follow up with a phablet-sized iPhone after. With news about Apple releasing a new flagship phone, the attention is also on Samsung.
Samsung released another version of Samsung Galaxy S4. From the release of Samsung Galaxy S4, analysts said people can also expect multiple versions of S5. According to KDB Daewoo Securities, Samsung Galaxy S5 will run on 2.5 GHz quadcore Snapdragon chipset or an octa-core 64-bit Exynos SoC clocked at 2 GHz. Similar to the Galaxy S4, the processor of S5 will depend on the device model and the region.
Other reported specs included 5.2- or 5.25-inch AMOLED display with WQHD resolution offering 2,560 x 1,440 pixels, 32 GB / 64 GB / 128 GB storage options, 3 GB RAM, 16 MP primary camera, 3.2 MP front camera plus a 3200 mAh battery. It was in Jan. 27 when reports about an AMOLED Display with WQHD for Samsung Galaxy S5 started surfacing.
Sources noted the display will offer a pixel density of 556 ppi and 2560 x 1440 resolution. There will also be two variants: plastic and full metal. But Samsung has not confirmed all details for its upcoming flagship phone.
Apple's iPhone 6 will offer 4.7/4.8 or 5.5-inch display with 1920 x 1080 p (440 ppi), or a 2272×1280 (510 ppi). The display will reportedly feature IGZO. Despite the two variations, Samsung's Galaxy S5 will still have better resolution. iPhone 6 will run on an A8 chip (64-bit) processor and iOS 7.2. People will have to wait the final announcements from both companies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes