Arsenal FC Transfer News: FC Porto Defender might Head to the Emirates as Gunners are in Clandestine Discussions with His Agent
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 10, 2014 2:23 PM EST
Arsenal, who are looking to beef up their back-line, are reported to be having clandestine discussions with the agent of FC Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala.
Arsenal are reported to be holding discussions with Eliaquim Mangala's agent for a possible move this coming summer
The dynamic pair of Per Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny in the heart of the Gunners' defence has been doing wonders, but a shocking 4-1 defeat against Liverpool on Saturday might have prompted Arsene Wenger to add more competition in the centre-back position, to avoid complacency.
Moreover, former first-choice full-back and skipper Thomas Vermaelen is finding it hard to redeem his place in the starting eleven after suffering series of injuries, and is considering on moving on to the next chapter of his playing career.
Mangala is also eyed by top-tier clubs like Juventus, Manchester United, and Manchester City, with Chelsea suggested to have backed-out of the race after capturing compatriot Kurt Zouma from Saint-Etienne.
The 22-year-old has already breached into the France senior's squad, making his debut in 2013, following strings of impressive performances with Porto.
He is currently valued at £22million, but Arsenal is rumoured to be willing to offer £32million to secure his services.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia