'I’m Going To F-ck Some Stuff Up at Some Point,' Says Lorde On Being Called Role Model [ VIDEO/PHOTOS]
February 10, 2014 1:06 PM EST
'I’m Going To F-ck Some Stuff Up St Some Point,' Says Lorde On Being Called Role Model [ VIDEO/PHOTOS]
Lorde is unstoppable ever since she has won two Grammy Awards. The 17-year-old New Zealand singer has surprised everyone by revealing that "Royals," which won her a Grammy for Best Song, is not her best song! The teenage singing sensation has appeared on the cover page of Australia's magazine "The Music" and talked her heart out.
Ella Yelich-O'Connor, Lorde's real name, is seen wearing an all white sleeveless dress and gives a forlorn look for the camera. The interview was conducted by the magazine when she was ready to fly out to Los Angeles to perform at the Grammy Awards. The magazine asked Lorde about her opinion on "Royals," which has been a chartbuster on Billboard. Is it her best song?
"I definitely don't think Royals is my best song. I understand why it worked and why it was kind of a hit, I can see those qualities in it, but at the same time there's part of me that's like...these melodies are just not as good as something I could have written now', or like 'I definitely wouldn't have written this lyric this way if I had've written it now'," Lorde tells the magazine.
The singer also revealed that she was just 15-years-old when she penned down the lyrics of her hit number "Royals." "I'm 17 now, so I think you grow a lot in that period. It definitely feels like a bit of a relic now," the singer added.
The two-time Grammy Award winning singer then goes on to reveal how she was thrilled when she was allowed to take a break from her school for some time and work on her album "Pure Heroine."
"It was pretty much down to my parents, because obviously I had to take three months out of school. They came home from this meeting with my manager and said 'we're gonna let you make the record' and I was like 'YEEEEAHHH this is gonna be awesome!!!,'" Lorde tells the magazine.
Lorde has always been applauded for talking maturely and thinking much beyond her years. She is also considered a role model by various media agencies. What is her opinion on it, asks the magazine.
"That's a crazy one because, obviously I am 17, I'm going to fuck some stuff up at some point, because I think that's a natural part of becoming an adult," Lorde says. "But as long as people are willing to accept me as an imperfect role model, then I guess I'm honoured," she added.
Meanwhile listen to "Royals" below and have a look at Lorde's award winning pictures at the Grammy and other shows.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display