'I’m Going To F-ck Some Stuff Up at Some Point,' Says Lorde On Being Called Role Model [ VIDEO/PHOTOS]
February 10, 2014 1:06 PM EST
'I’m Going To F-ck Some Stuff Up St Some Point,' Says Lorde On Being Called Role Model [ VIDEO/PHOTOS]
Lorde is unstoppable ever since she has won two Grammy Awards. The 17-year-old New Zealand singer has surprised everyone by revealing that "Royals," which won her a Grammy for Best Song, is not her best song! The teenage singing sensation has appeared on the cover page of Australia's magazine "The Music" and talked her heart out.
Ella Yelich-O'Connor, Lorde's real name, is seen wearing an all white sleeveless dress and gives a forlorn look for the camera. The interview was conducted by the magazine when she was ready to fly out to Los Angeles to perform at the Grammy Awards. The magazine asked Lorde about her opinion on "Royals," which has been a chartbuster on Billboard. Is it her best song?
"I definitely don't think Royals is my best song. I understand why it worked and why it was kind of a hit, I can see those qualities in it, but at the same time there's part of me that's like...these melodies are just not as good as something I could have written now', or like 'I definitely wouldn't have written this lyric this way if I had've written it now'," Lorde tells the magazine.
The singer also revealed that she was just 15-years-old when she penned down the lyrics of her hit number "Royals." "I'm 17 now, so I think you grow a lot in that period. It definitely feels like a bit of a relic now," the singer added.
The two-time Grammy Award winning singer then goes on to reveal how she was thrilled when she was allowed to take a break from her school for some time and work on her album "Pure Heroine."
"It was pretty much down to my parents, because obviously I had to take three months out of school. They came home from this meeting with my manager and said 'we're gonna let you make the record' and I was like 'YEEEEAHHH this is gonna be awesome!!!,'" Lorde tells the magazine.
Lorde has always been applauded for talking maturely and thinking much beyond her years. She is also considered a role model by various media agencies. What is her opinion on it, asks the magazine.
"That's a crazy one because, obviously I am 17, I'm going to fuck some stuff up at some point, because I think that's a natural part of becoming an adult," Lorde says. "But as long as people are willing to accept me as an imperfect role model, then I guess I'm honoured," she added.
Meanwhile listen to "Royals" below and have a look at Lorde's award winning pictures at the Grammy and other shows.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy