Gaming News: 'Batman: Arkham' Coming in 2014 Film; 'Titanfall' Delayed for Xbox 360; 'Deep Down' Delayed
By Gel Galang | February 10, 2014 12:54 PM EST
"Batman: Arkham" has seen its fair share of praises, and for good reason, too, considering that the installments of the series have been nothing short of phenomenal.
Now, "Batman: Arkham" may be going beyond the video game territory onto the silver screen, as news of Warner Bros. planning to pick up the title for a possible movie has sprouted.
In a report from Venture Beat, there are rough plans for the animated movie, from a possible New 52 adaptation or just new content. The source also states that the movie will be based on Rocksteady's take as a video game rather than the comic books.
This follows the news that Warner Bros. may be planning a project that builds the DC Universe, which explains why there are already films like "Justice League: War" and "Son of Batman."
*"Flappy Bird" may no longer be in stores, but it's still on "Minecraft" as a new mod: Check it out here.
When it comes to the actual game, however, it seems that Rocksteady is preparing for something big for the title. Batman-News.com reports that the press seems to have been invited for a closed meeting, as one writer has tweeted a photo of Rocksteady Studios, followed with a response that he can't talk about the event until another month.
There have been a number of rumours about "Batman: Arkham" series and Rocksteady, which includes the possibility of the game landing on next-gen consoles PS4 and Xbox One.
'Titanfall' Delayed on Xbox 360, Comes with Anti-cheat
Those who are playing "Titanfall" on the Xbox One need not worry---the game is still coming as scheduled on March 11. EA has just announced on its blog that Respawn is putting the finishing touches for the game on the next-gen and PC versions for its release on the announced date.
*New details for "Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain" has been revealed---maybe this time it'll be a lot better than "Ground Zeroes." Read here for more.
The new release date for the "Titanfall" Xbox 360 version will now be March 25 for North America and March 28 for Europe. "To give them the time they need to put the finishing touches on the current-gen version of the game, we are moving the Xbox 360 ship date.... The extra two weeks will ensure the full world of Xbox gamers has an awesome experience," said EA in its blog.
There is still no announcement of the beta access for "Titanfall," though there has been talk about it coming sometime this week. But for now, one thing to look forward to in the "Titanfall" beta is anti-cheat system that Respawn has put in place.
Game Informer has spotted a tweet from Abbie Heppe, Respawn community manager, on the anti-cheat system.
@projekt21 we do have anti-cheat but not specifying what we're using
— abbie heppe (@abbieheppe) February 7, 2014
This system will be tested out during the beta phase for "Titanfall."
'Deep Down' Gets Delayed, Still Out by 2014
The PS4 exclusive game from Capcom will still come in 2014, but it will be pushed back to the second half of the year, according to game producer Kazunori Sugiura.
"About Deep Down, I think we'll give full fledged information to everyone after the summer, so you may have to wait for a little while beyond the launch [of PS4] on February 22nd," said Kazunori in an interview quoted by Video Gamer.
There's no word yet on what the delay will mean regarding the expected data for "Deep Down," supposedly coming in time with the PS4 release date in Japan. However, the developer has confirmed that the delay will be devoted to improving the game and making sure that it's fit to be a PS4 game. This could mean that "Deep Down" will utilise a number of the PS4's features and power.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Xbox One to Get a Design Change; Doubled Sales Still Not Beating the PS4
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition November 18 Official Release Date; List of Achievements Leaked Out
- GTA V for PS4, Xbox One and PC Supposedly Out on November 7; Flashback Friday for GTA Online Jobs
- Nokia Lumia 930 vs. Lumia 925 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia E1 Dual Android 4.4.2 KitKat 20.1.B.0.60 Certified by PTCRB; Transfer Apps to SD Card Possible
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide