Margot Robbie’s Long Legs Reportedly Digitally Extended In ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | February 10, 2014 11:52 AM EST
Margot Robbie’s impossibly long legs in “The Wolf of Wall Street” are reportedly exactly that: impossible. The Australian actress was apparently treated to digital manipulation on screen so her sexy gams would look even longer.
According to a report, Robbie might be the latest victim of Hollywood filmmakers in their quest to create perfection on screen.
While the 23-year-old former “Neighbours” star’s legs were already long and shapely to begin with, Hollywood demanded that they were elongated more. Apart from positions and camera angles, the only way that filmmakers could give her legs an impossibly long look is through digital manipulation, and that’s what apparently they did.
The scene in question, as seen in the YouTube video embedded above, is where Robbie’s character pushed her husband’s (played by Leonardo DiCaprio) head away with a high heel while they were in a nursery room.
The report claimed that the image was lengthened digitally for the scene by a Photoshop-style editing program. The result, as viewers have seen, is body perfection.
The Sunday Times of London said that movie editors perform “digital surgeries” on stars in the Martin Scorsese film might have stretched footage to achieve a slimmed down look.
“[It’s] like a funhouse mirror, so everyone looks tall and thin,” the source told the paper.
It wasn’t her legs that were the original target of the special effects editors, though. It was her face. Apparently, they wanted to enhance Robbie’s eyes, but they scrapped the idea after seeing her beautiful blue eyes in real life.
“I do know they wanted to accentuate her blue eyes until they realised she really has amazing eyes,” a source who worked at the film’s graphics claimed.
The technique isn’t at all unusual in the industry. Britney Spears was also elongated three inches in a recent TV documentary. Often, the actors don’t have a clue that they have been digitally enhanced until they see it for themselves in theatres.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff