Margot Robbie’s Long Legs Reportedly Digitally Extended In ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | February 10, 2014 11:52 AM EST
Margot Robbie’s impossibly long legs in “The Wolf of Wall Street” are reportedly exactly that: impossible. The Australian actress was apparently treated to digital manipulation on screen so her sexy gams would look even longer.
According to a report, Robbie might be the latest victim of Hollywood filmmakers in their quest to create perfection on screen.
While the 23-year-old former “Neighbours” star’s legs were already long and shapely to begin with, Hollywood demanded that they were elongated more. Apart from positions and camera angles, the only way that filmmakers could give her legs an impossibly long look is through digital manipulation, and that’s what apparently they did.
The scene in question, as seen in the YouTube video embedded above, is where Robbie’s character pushed her husband’s (played by Leonardo DiCaprio) head away with a high heel while they were in a nursery room.
The report claimed that the image was lengthened digitally for the scene by a Photoshop-style editing program. The result, as viewers have seen, is body perfection.
The Sunday Times of London said that movie editors perform “digital surgeries” on stars in the Martin Scorsese film might have stretched footage to achieve a slimmed down look.
“[It’s] like a funhouse mirror, so everyone looks tall and thin,” the source told the paper.
It wasn’t her legs that were the original target of the special effects editors, though. It was her face. Apparently, they wanted to enhance Robbie’s eyes, but they scrapped the idea after seeing her beautiful blue eyes in real life.
“I do know they wanted to accentuate her blue eyes until they realised she really has amazing eyes,” a source who worked at the film’s graphics claimed.
The technique isn’t at all unusual in the industry. Britney Spears was also elongated three inches in a recent TV documentary. Often, the actors don’t have a clue that they have been digitally enhanced until they see it for themselves in theatres.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]