Father Time Winning Battle Over Steve Nash as LA Lakers Point Guard Injured Again
By James Patrick Quizon | February 10, 2014 11:37 AM EST
Has Father Time finally caught up with Steve Nash? The Los Angeles Lakers point guard suffered yet another injury on Sunday night two days after celebrating his 40th birthday.
Nash re-injured his left leg--- the same one he fractured in the 2012-2013 season when he missed majority of the games for the Lakers—after a contact play in the early part of the third quarter of the game versus the Chicago Bulls.
The Lakers lost the home game, 92-86 and Nash finished with 8 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 turnovers in 21 minutes of play.
The 18-year veteran just returned last Tuesday after missing almost three months of action because of nerve root irritation (back and hamstring) and has played the Lakers three of the last four games.
Nash flashed some old brilliance against the Philadelphia 76ers last Friday, his birthday, leading the squad to a 112-98 blowout and finished with 19 points (8/15 FG), 4 rebounds and 5 assists.
Apparently, it was just a flash in the pan for the Canadian as he yet succumbs to another injury.
Nash will be re-evaluated by team doctors on Monday and will most likely decide if he can continue to play this season or his career.
Should Steve hang up the sneakers now? The Lakers don’t really need him anymore as they are in tank mode for the rest of the season. Should Nash just retire and call it quits? He already has had a colourful NBA career and there’s no shame in quitting at this point—especially if health is the main concern.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage