Father Time Winning Battle Over Steve Nash as LA Lakers Point Guard Injured Again
By James Patrick Quizon | February 10, 2014 11:37 AM EST
Has Father Time finally caught up with Steve Nash? The Los Angeles Lakers point guard suffered yet another injury on Sunday night two days after celebrating his 40th birthday.
Nash re-injured his left leg--- the same one he fractured in the 2012-2013 season when he missed majority of the games for the Lakers—after a contact play in the early part of the third quarter of the game versus the Chicago Bulls.
The Lakers lost the home game, 92-86 and Nash finished with 8 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 turnovers in 21 minutes of play.
The 18-year veteran just returned last Tuesday after missing almost three months of action because of nerve root irritation (back and hamstring) and has played the Lakers three of the last four games.
Nash flashed some old brilliance against the Philadelphia 76ers last Friday, his birthday, leading the squad to a 112-98 blowout and finished with 19 points (8/15 FG), 4 rebounds and 5 assists.
Apparently, it was just a flash in the pan for the Canadian as he yet succumbs to another injury.
Nash will be re-evaluated by team doctors on Monday and will most likely decide if he can continue to play this season or his career.
Should Steve hang up the sneakers now? The Lakers don’t really need him anymore as they are in tank mode for the rest of the season. Should Nash just retire and call it quits? He already has had a colourful NBA career and there’s no shame in quitting at this point—especially if health is the main concern.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery