Father Time Winning Battle Over Steve Nash as LA Lakers Point Guard Injured Again
By James Patrick Quizon | February 10, 2014 11:37 AM EST
Has Father Time finally caught up with Steve Nash? The Los Angeles Lakers point guard suffered yet another injury on Sunday night two days after celebrating his 40th birthday.
Nash re-injured his left leg--- the same one he fractured in the 2012-2013 season when he missed majority of the games for the Lakers—after a contact play in the early part of the third quarter of the game versus the Chicago Bulls.
The Lakers lost the home game, 92-86 and Nash finished with 8 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 turnovers in 21 minutes of play.
The 18-year veteran just returned last Tuesday after missing almost three months of action because of nerve root irritation (back and hamstring) and has played the Lakers three of the last four games.
Nash flashed some old brilliance against the Philadelphia 76ers last Friday, his birthday, leading the squad to a 112-98 blowout and finished with 19 points (8/15 FG), 4 rebounds and 5 assists.
Apparently, it was just a flash in the pan for the Canadian as he yet succumbs to another injury.
Nash will be re-evaluated by team doctors on Monday and will most likely decide if he can continue to play this season or his career.
Should Steve hang up the sneakers now? The Lakers don’t really need him anymore as they are in tank mode for the rest of the season. Should Nash just retire and call it quits? He already has had a colourful NBA career and there’s no shame in quitting at this point—especially if health is the main concern.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia