The league’s top scorers meet on Sunday afternoon when the New York Knicks visit the Oklahoma City Thunder.
New York’s top gun is Carmelo Anthony, who averages 27.4 points per game for the season. That mark is just second in the league however, as he will be facing OKC’s main man in Kevin Durant, owner of the best scoring average in the league with 31.0 PPG.
The teams are coming off contrasting results in their last outing. The Knicks used a dominant second half in beating the Denver Nuggets, 117-90 while the Thunder lost a 12-point halftime lead and the game, 103-102 in a buzzer-beater to the lowly Orlando Magic.
The top guns were both on mark in both games. Anthony had 31 points on 12-of-21 shooting including four 3-pointers for New York, which has lost three of its last four games.
Durant finished with 29 points and 12 assists for Oklahoma City, who has split its last four games after a 10-game winning streak.
Recently it has not been just about these elite scorers for both teams. For OKC, big man Serge Ibaka contributed 26 points, 6 rebounds and blocked shots. For NY, their bench had 52 points in the blowout over Denver led by Amare Stoudemire, who had 17 markers.
The Thunder have won four of their last five games against the Knicks, which are just 8-13 on the road this season.
Watch Melo and KD slug it out via NBA League Pass.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
New York Knicks Trends
- The Knicks are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games after an ATS win
- The Knicks are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games after a win
- The Knicks are 29-14-2 in their last 45 games vs. Northwest division teams
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. Atlantic division teams
- The Thunder are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games after a loss
- The Thunder are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail: