NBA Trade News: Eric Bledsoe To NY Knicks, Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert To Phoenix Suns; Blockbuster Trade That Will Shake Up The Season
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 10, 2014 12:04 AM EST
The New York Knicks are desperate to upgrade their roster as they attempt to convince All-Star small forward Carmelo Anthony to re-sign this offseason. However, for Anthony to stay put in the Big Apple, the Knicks front office know they must bring another All-Star caliber player to play alongside with him moving forward.
Eric Bledsoe in Dunk Contest
There's no secret of the Knicks' pursuit of Rondo. The Knickerbockers have been spending for the past several months trying to come up with an enticing trade package for the All-Star playmaker. Unfortunately, the Celtics seem not interested to enter into any negotiation with the Knicks regarding Rondo. This leaves them no choice but to find another trade partner which could help them fill in the void on their current lineup.
Eric Bledsoe for Tyson Chandler Trade
The Phoenix Suns are one of the most surprising teams this season. Before the start of the 2013-14 season, nobody thinks the Suns would become a playoff contender. However, the arrival of head coach Jeff Hornacek and the inspiring play of borderline All-Star Goran Dragic have certainly made the difference in this year's campaign.
With postseason on their sight, the Suns front office is looking to add another piece to their roster. According to reports, the Suns are interested to acquire a solid player that will not affect their cap flexibility.
The Suns recently had a trade talk with the Los Angeles Lakers for All-Star power forward Pau Gasol, before their negotiation hit a snag because of the Lakers' steep asking price for the versatile Spaniard.
With Rudy Gay likely to opt out from the final year of his deal to become a free agent this summer, the Suns are viewed as one of the front runners to sign the high-scoring forward. However, there are rumors that the Suns want to hammer a trade for Gay before the midseason trade deadline.
The Suns have all kinds of assets (young players, expiring contracts and draft picks) to make the offer enticing for the Kings. But Gay is not what the Suns really need to get over the hump.
Despite boasting one of the most explosive offenses in the league at 105 points per outing, the Suns are a mediocre ball club in rebounding (14th at 43.5 rebounds per game) and defensive department (21st at 101.8 points allowed per game). Acquiring an elite rim protector is a must for the Suns, and Knicks center Tyson Chandler is certainly up there in the list of outstanding defensive big men.
One interesting trade proposal is swapping incoming restricted free agent Eric Bledsoe for Tyson Chandler. Bledsoe is an outstanding young player with the potential to grow into an elite point guard. However, the Suns have thrived even without him thanks to outstanding play by Dragic and his backcourt running mate Gerald Green. Chandler is having one of his worst seasons as a pro, though the decline in his production is a result of the Knicks' sloppiness on the defensive end.
Breaking Down the Trade:
Knicks receives Eric Bledsoe, Emeka Okafor, and Marcus Morris or first-round pick. Suns acquires Tyson Chandler, Raymond Felton, and Iman Shumpert
This Knicks will get a promising young point guard in Bledsoe, Okafor's expiring contract, and another young stud in Morris or perhaps one of the four draft picks the Suns possess in the upcoming draft. On the other hand, the Suns will certainly improve their defense with Chandler without compromising their backcourt depth. Felton is a good backup playmaker while Shumpert can reach his full potential like Bledsoe under the tutelage of Hornacek.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28