Chicago Teen Stabs Older Brother 17 Times after Fight Over Flappy Bird High Score, Hoax? [Video]
By Johnlee Varghese | February 9, 2014 11:13 PM EST
In a shocking development, a teen has stabbed his older brother to death, after an argument over the high score on popular mobile game Flappy Bird.
As per a report in the Huzlers, a 'Chicago teenager' was arrested for killing his brother, after the brother achieved a higher score on the popular game. The report said that "the teen was jealous of his brother and couldn't take the anger".
The authenticity of the report is yet to be verified, and it has to be duly noted that the Huzlers pride themselves in churning out a "combination of real shocking news and satire news to keep its visitors in a state of disbelief." Hence the report has to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Watch How To Get Highscore on Flappy Bird
According to the police, Gary Wright, 16, and his older brother, Jabari Wright, 17, were playing Flappy Bird. The older brother achieved a high score, and after several unsuccessful attempts by Gary to break the score, Jabari started to tease his younger brother.
The two then got into an argument, and in blind rage Gary stabbed his elder brother "17 times in the chest".
The report also has Gary telling his investigators the reason for stabbing his brother. "Anyone who has played that game would know why I did it."
Police officer Marco Grant told Huzlers: "It's a tragedy, he murdered his own brother because of a stupid game. I mean, I've played the game before, and it's hard as sh*t, f*** that game! I couldn't even pass 5," he added, "Why the f*** are you a bird if you can't f***ing fly straight, fake a** Super Mario piece of sh*t!"
Flappy Bird is a mobile game released in 2013. It has become a sensation in recent weeks, with the game becoming the number one free app on both iOS App Store and Google Play in several countries.
The news of Gary stabbing his brother comes at a time when Dong Ngugen, the developer of Flappy Bird, announced his plan to kill the game itself. In a tweet post on Saturday he said: "I am sorry 'Flappy Bird' users, 22 hours from now, I will take 'Flappy Bird' down. I cannot take this anymore."
So will this be the end of Flappy Bird?
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Immediate Deaths After Ice Bucket Challenge Are Hoaxes Gone Viral: Neck Injury And Hypothermia Killed Two People Performing The Stunt
- Risky Selfies That Were Taken A Few Seconds Before Tragedy Struck
- ISIS Update: Executioner of James Foley with British Accent Identified as ‘John’
- ISIS Beheading US Journalist James Foley Sparks Outrage, Netizens Demand 'All-Out War'
- Viral Video Missouri Mall: Back-To-School Promo Of East Hills Mall In Missouri Goes Viral As Terrible Mall Ad [WATCH VIDEO]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists