Bob Costas’ Left Eye Twitter Jokes, Memes Go Viral: Top 12 Funny Tweets You Should Not Miss
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | February 9, 2014 8:14 PM EST
Let's call it a downside to being a public figure.
Bob Costas' ailing left eye, that is apparently turned pink and has swollen, has become the butt of the jokes.
For one thing we could be sure of, the infamous twitter jokes trend tends to be heartless, merciless and often outrageous - but too funny to resist its mention.
While the news is rife that the NBC sportscaster took a break from his Olympics broadcast because he had pink eye, the fact that he is ailing is not exactly the reason why he is making the headlines.
The reason is this: his eye infection tends to make a timely entry as if to solve the riddle of the hoax surrounding Sochi Olympic venues' incomplete hotels, yellow water and broken doorknobs - all of which have been butt of the jokes in a series of twitter fun-making of late.
The famous journalist's left eye jokes have taken a step ahead after parody accounts turned up on the micro-blogging site with one profile name called "Bob Costas' Left Eye" popping out of nowhere - something that left everyone going LOL!
Let's take a look at the Top 12 Jokes and Memes on the anchor's left eye:
Bob Costa be like pic.twitter.com/DEpcH4gvTR
— lauren hayes (@lauhaze) February 8, 2014
They should have given Bob Costa an eye patch. He could have said Welcome to Arrrrrrrussia! #Sochi2014 #Olympics2014 — A Schultz (@Annie_Schultz) February 8, 2014
Someone made a twitter account about Bob Costas' left eye😂 pic.twitter.com/CQq3I9tpX5
— Alicia Perovsek (@aliciaperovsek) February 7, 2014
Bob Costa's Eye is the name of my new experimental noise rock band — Parkersmuse (@parkersmuse) February 7, 2014
— Krista (@krista_bella) February 7, 2014
Proud to be an American specifically because there are twitter accounts for bob costa's left eye 🇺🇸 — Chrispie (@c_wade4) February 9, 2014
what is wrong with Bob Costa's left eye?..did he have a visit from Russian Secret Police?????
— EDWARD R. TOILE (@TOILEme2) February 8, 2014
You know this can only mean...Bob Costa's bad eye will have a Twitter account in 3...2...1... — Momma Problems (@momma_problem) February 7, 2014
— Lil' Beavis (@BeavisCumia) February 8, 2014
Terminator! @ThaCyberBully: Bob Costas is taking over Russia. #Sochi2014 #SochiProblems #Olympics2014 #BobCostas pic.twitter.com/KsO20qd8Vn — Briton Bennett (@britonbennett) February 8, 2014
Bob Costas? ....or Terminator pic.twitter.com/SkePYMRztS
— Matthew Houlihan (@houlihan5) February 7, 2014
Bob Costas' eye is NOT improving. WOW. pic.twitter.com/vqm3y3Uy4G — Stay Puft (@StayPuft) February 9, 2014
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29