Bob Costas’ Left Eye Twitter Jokes, Memes Go Viral: Top 12 Funny Tweets You Should Not Miss
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | February 9, 2014 8:14 PM EST
Let's call it a downside to being a public figure.
Bob Costas' ailing left eye, that is apparently turned pink and has swollen, has become the butt of the jokes.
For one thing we could be sure of, the infamous twitter jokes trend tends to be heartless, merciless and often outrageous - but too funny to resist its mention.
While the news is rife that the NBC sportscaster took a break from his Olympics broadcast because he had pink eye, the fact that he is ailing is not exactly the reason why he is making the headlines.
The reason is this: his eye infection tends to make a timely entry as if to solve the riddle of the hoax surrounding Sochi Olympic venues' incomplete hotels, yellow water and broken doorknobs - all of which have been butt of the jokes in a series of twitter fun-making of late.
The famous journalist's left eye jokes have taken a step ahead after parody accounts turned up on the micro-blogging site with one profile name called "Bob Costas' Left Eye" popping out of nowhere - something that left everyone going LOL!
Let's take a look at the Top 12 Jokes and Memes on the anchor's left eye:
Bob Costa be like pic.twitter.com/DEpcH4gvTR
— lauren hayes (@lauhaze) February 8, 2014
They should have given Bob Costa an eye patch. He could have said Welcome to Arrrrrrrussia! #Sochi2014 #Olympics2014 — A Schultz (@Annie_Schultz) February 8, 2014
Someone made a twitter account about Bob Costas' left eye😂 pic.twitter.com/CQq3I9tpX5
— Alicia Perovsek (@aliciaperovsek) February 7, 2014
Bob Costa's Eye is the name of my new experimental noise rock band — Parkersmuse (@parkersmuse) February 7, 2014
— Krista (@krista_bella) February 7, 2014
Proud to be an American specifically because there are twitter accounts for bob costa's left eye 🇺🇸 — Chrispie (@c_wade4) February 9, 2014
what is wrong with Bob Costa's left eye?..did he have a visit from Russian Secret Police?????
— EDWARD R. TOILE (@TOILEme2) February 8, 2014
You know this can only mean...Bob Costa's bad eye will have a Twitter account in 3...2...1... — Momma Problems (@momma_problem) February 7, 2014
— Lil' Beavis (@BeavisCumia) February 8, 2014
Terminator! @ThaCyberBully: Bob Costas is taking over Russia. #Sochi2014 #SochiProblems #Olympics2014 #BobCostas pic.twitter.com/KsO20qd8Vn — Briton Bennett (@britonbennett) February 8, 2014
Bob Costas? ....or Terminator pic.twitter.com/SkePYMRztS
— Matthew Houlihan (@houlihan5) February 7, 2014
Bob Costas' eye is NOT improving. WOW. pic.twitter.com/vqm3y3Uy4G — Stay Puft (@StayPuft) February 9, 2014
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- Explosion in Canada Damages Building, Five Injured
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate