Bulls Trade Rumors: Harrison Barnes, Eric Gordon Eyed Before Feb 20 Deadline
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 9, 2014 7:46 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls could be a major player before the Feb 20 trade deadline, and sources indicated the team is interested to acquire either Golden State Warriors small forward Harrison Barnes or New Orleans Pelicans shooting guard Eric Gordon.
Carlos Boozer could be traded before Feb. 20
Chicago is still a pretty solid playoff team despite losing a couple of key players this season. With Derrick Rose sitting out with another knee injury and Luol Deng now playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers after being traded last January 9, All-Star center Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson and the rest of the Bulls role players have stepped up their game big time.
However, many basketball analysts believed the Bulls will still play an active role with two weeks left in the trading period. The team could be buyers or sellers on the trading front, depending on the need of their potential trade partners.
Carlos Boozer, Mike Duinleavy Jr., Kirk Hinrich, Jimmy Butler and even Gibson are considered tradable assets, and the Bulls front office would only sacrifice these players by getting solid compensations in return, either a high-pick or a promising young player.
Kirk Hinrich and future draft pick for Harrison Barnes and Jordan Crawford
The Warriors previously expressed their interest to trade for Hinrich several weeks ago before the Warriors pulled off a three-team trade with the Boston Celtics and the Miami Heat that gave them Jordan Crawford and MarShoon Brooks.
However, the Warriors still don't have a solid back up for starting point guard Stephen Curry, considering that Crawford is not a pure playmaker. The Warriors front office is also not happy with their current standing, prompting speculation that another big trade involving some of their youngsters is imminent.
"Considering the heightened expectations this season and the fact that Golden State owner Joe Lacob means it when he says he's trying to build a championship team, it's safe to say the Warriors aren't content with their current standing (sixth in the Western Conference)," via USA Today.
"They have one of the most aggressive front offices in the league, and rival executives are of the belief that anyone not named Stephen Curry or Andrew Bogut is up for discussion."
In this proposed trade, the Bulls will get Barnes and Jordan Crawford for Hinrich and future draft pick (likely second-round). The Bulls will finally have a solid swingman to replace Deng while the Warriors get a serviceable veteran playmaker to give Curry some breather.
Carlos Boozer for Eric Gordon
Another enticing trade scenario is the potential swap involving Carlos Boozer and Eric Gordon. Both possessing lucrative contracts, the Pelican will have the opportunity to beef up their roster by acquiring a double-double guy like Boozer while the Bulls will get a player capable of creating his own shots like Gordon.
"Shooting guard Eric Gordon, once thought to be a great young piece for the New Orleans Pelicans, is now being shopped around the league according to a report from Sam Amick at USA Today."
For more Bulls trade rumors, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS