Rondo Trade Rumors: Celtics Could Get Amar’e Stoudemire, Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert in Trade With Knicks for Rajon Rondo
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 9, 2014 7:45 PM EST
The New York Knicks have maintained their interest in Al-Star point guard Rajon Rondo despite the strong denial of the Boston Celtics front office to include the playmaker in trade talks, a source close to situation reported on Friday.
Rajon Rondo - Boston Celtics
The Knicks are trying to 'swing for the fences' in an attempt to get Rondo before the Feb 20 trade deadline. The Knickerbockers' intention to acquire the reigning assists champion remains their top priority as they look to make a second half push towards the postseason.
According to SB Nation, the Knicks could make All-Star power forward Amar'e Stoudemire as the centerpiece of the package for Rondo. The team is also looking to sweeten up their package by adding shooting guard Iman Shumpert, Raymond Felton and perhaps disgruntled center Tyson Chandler (including some draft picks).
"Although the Boston Celtics continue to tell potential trade partners that star point guard Rajon Rondo isn't available, that hasn't stopped the New York Knicks from working to put together a package for him, according to a report from USA Today's Sam Amick. The Knicks would likely have to package Amar'e Stoudemire with other players in order to lure the Celtics," SB nation writer Dane Carbaugh reported.
The Knicks are expected to become aggressive weeks before the trade deadline. Trying to convince Anthony to stay put in the Big Apple, New York will do everything they can to add another All-Star caliber player to their roster. The team has shown interest in Toronto Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry, but Rondo remains their main trade target.
"New York continues to be aggressive leading up to the Feb. 20 deadline as they try to build a team that would entice Carmelo Anthony to stay next summer, when he is a free agent. Coupled with the fact New York can offer him the most money in free agency, a big-time player like Rondo could be a tipping point as the Knicks look to keep one of the best players in the NBA," said SB Nation.
Rondo has been showing signs of recovery from his ACL injury as he's averaging 8.4 points, 6.9 assists and 4.8 rebounds in 8 games.
For more Rajon Rondo trade rumours, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers