Rondo Trade Rumors: Celtics Could Get Amar’e Stoudemire, Tyson Chandler, Iman Shumpert in Trade With Knicks for Rajon Rondo
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 9, 2014 7:45 PM EST
The New York Knicks have maintained their interest in Al-Star point guard Rajon Rondo despite the strong denial of the Boston Celtics front office to include the playmaker in trade talks, a source close to situation reported on Friday.
Rajon Rondo - Boston Celtics
The Knicks are trying to 'swing for the fences' in an attempt to get Rondo before the Feb 20 trade deadline. The Knickerbockers' intention to acquire the reigning assists champion remains their top priority as they look to make a second half push towards the postseason.
According to SB Nation, the Knicks could make All-Star power forward Amar'e Stoudemire as the centerpiece of the package for Rondo. The team is also looking to sweeten up their package by adding shooting guard Iman Shumpert, Raymond Felton and perhaps disgruntled center Tyson Chandler (including some draft picks).
"Although the Boston Celtics continue to tell potential trade partners that star point guard Rajon Rondo isn't available, that hasn't stopped the New York Knicks from working to put together a package for him, according to a report from USA Today's Sam Amick. The Knicks would likely have to package Amar'e Stoudemire with other players in order to lure the Celtics," SB nation writer Dane Carbaugh reported.
The Knicks are expected to become aggressive weeks before the trade deadline. Trying to convince Anthony to stay put in the Big Apple, New York will do everything they can to add another All-Star caliber player to their roster. The team has shown interest in Toronto Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry, but Rondo remains their main trade target.
"New York continues to be aggressive leading up to the Feb. 20 deadline as they try to build a team that would entice Carmelo Anthony to stay next summer, when he is a free agent. Coupled with the fact New York can offer him the most money in free agency, a big-time player like Rondo could be a tipping point as the Knicks look to keep one of the best players in the NBA," said SB Nation.
Rondo has been showing signs of recovery from his ACL injury as he's averaging 8.4 points, 6.9 assists and 4.8 rebounds in 8 games.
For more Rajon Rondo trade rumours, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown