Jeremy Lin Trade Update: L.A Lakers, Chicago Bulls Front-Runners to Get Linsanity Before Feb 20 Deadline
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 9, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin has recently found his groove after going inconsistent for the past two months, and his strong play as of late has alerted potential trade deadline partners, such as the Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Lakers.
Lin is putting up solid numbers as of late since getting solid playing time from the Rockets coaching staff. In fact, the former Harvard hot shot pulled off his first triple-double game (15 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in win against the Cleveland Cavaliers) during the stretch and made the most of his time on the floor as a scorer and ball facilitator.
According to several NBA insiders, the 25-year-old Lin has boosted up his trade value with barely two weeks left in the trade deadline. International Business Times correspondent Greg Price believed the Lakers and the Bulls could hammer a deal with the Rockets for the versatile point guard.
"Two teams in dire need of both scoring and more backcourt depth are the Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls, who have coincidentally been linked to numerous trade rumors all season," Price stated in his latest article.
Running with the Bulls
Lin has been linked as potential trade deadline acquisition for the Bulls, who direly need the help of guard capable of carrying the scoring load and orchestrating offensive sets. There will be lots of questions surrounding the health of Derrick Rose moving forward, and Lin could be a very solid insurance for the Bulls, if the former MVP falls down again with another injury.
"The Bulls are dead last in the NBA in points per game, and could use Lin's playmaking and scoring abilities. The only drawback being the final year of Lin's contract, worth $8.3 million in the 2014-15 season. However that could be seen as a bargain and extra insurance with Rose's health possibly an issue for the rest of his career," Price stated.
Lin, who emerged from obscurity to become a worldwide sporting phenom during his tenure with the New York Knicks, could re-unite with his former head coach Mike D'Antoni. With the Lakers having problems keeping their playmakers healthy, Lin might come as a savior once again to D'Antoni in the second half of the season.
"The Lakers have been in a downward spiral all season with a plethora of injuries affecting their backcourt. Their three top point guards in Steve Nash, Jordan Farmar, and Steve Blake have since returned from lengthy injury hiatuses, but it's unclear how long any of the three will remain healthy," Price stated.
Aside from the Lakers and the Bulls, there are few teams (the Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors and the Charlotte Bobcats) that could have a shot at Lin by trade deadline.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features