Jeremy Lin Trade Update: L.A Lakers, Chicago Bulls Front-Runners to Get Linsanity Before Feb 20 Deadline
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 9, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin has recently found his groove after going inconsistent for the past two months, and his strong play as of late has alerted potential trade deadline partners, such as the Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Lakers.
Lin is putting up solid numbers as of late since getting solid playing time from the Rockets coaching staff. In fact, the former Harvard hot shot pulled off his first triple-double game (15 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in win against the Cleveland Cavaliers) during the stretch and made the most of his time on the floor as a scorer and ball facilitator.
According to several NBA insiders, the 25-year-old Lin has boosted up his trade value with barely two weeks left in the trade deadline. International Business Times correspondent Greg Price believed the Lakers and the Bulls could hammer a deal with the Rockets for the versatile point guard.
"Two teams in dire need of both scoring and more backcourt depth are the Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls, who have coincidentally been linked to numerous trade rumors all season," Price stated in his latest article.
Running with the Bulls
Lin has been linked as potential trade deadline acquisition for the Bulls, who direly need the help of guard capable of carrying the scoring load and orchestrating offensive sets. There will be lots of questions surrounding the health of Derrick Rose moving forward, and Lin could be a very solid insurance for the Bulls, if the former MVP falls down again with another injury.
"The Bulls are dead last in the NBA in points per game, and could use Lin's playmaking and scoring abilities. The only drawback being the final year of Lin's contract, worth $8.3 million in the 2014-15 season. However that could be seen as a bargain and extra insurance with Rose's health possibly an issue for the rest of his career," Price stated.
Lin, who emerged from obscurity to become a worldwide sporting phenom during his tenure with the New York Knicks, could re-unite with his former head coach Mike D'Antoni. With the Lakers having problems keeping their playmakers healthy, Lin might come as a savior once again to D'Antoni in the second half of the season.
"The Lakers have been in a downward spiral all season with a plethora of injuries affecting their backcourt. Their three top point guards in Steve Nash, Jordan Farmar, and Steve Blake have since returned from lengthy injury hiatuses, but it's unclear how long any of the three will remain healthy," Price stated.
Aside from the Lakers and the Bulls, there are few teams (the Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors and the Charlotte Bobcats) that could have a shot at Lin by trade deadline.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports