Jeremy Lin Trade Update: L.A Lakers, Chicago Bulls Front-Runners to Get Linsanity Before Feb 20 Deadline
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 9, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin has recently found his groove after going inconsistent for the past two months, and his strong play as of late has alerted potential trade deadline partners, such as the Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Lakers.
Lin is putting up solid numbers as of late since getting solid playing time from the Rockets coaching staff. In fact, the former Harvard hot shot pulled off his first triple-double game (15 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in win against the Cleveland Cavaliers) during the stretch and made the most of his time on the floor as a scorer and ball facilitator.
According to several NBA insiders, the 25-year-old Lin has boosted up his trade value with barely two weeks left in the trade deadline. International Business Times correspondent Greg Price believed the Lakers and the Bulls could hammer a deal with the Rockets for the versatile point guard.
"Two teams in dire need of both scoring and more backcourt depth are the Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls, who have coincidentally been linked to numerous trade rumors all season," Price stated in his latest article.
Running with the Bulls
Lin has been linked as potential trade deadline acquisition for the Bulls, who direly need the help of guard capable of carrying the scoring load and orchestrating offensive sets. There will be lots of questions surrounding the health of Derrick Rose moving forward, and Lin could be a very solid insurance for the Bulls, if the former MVP falls down again with another injury.
"The Bulls are dead last in the NBA in points per game, and could use Lin's playmaking and scoring abilities. The only drawback being the final year of Lin's contract, worth $8.3 million in the 2014-15 season. However that could be seen as a bargain and extra insurance with Rose's health possibly an issue for the rest of his career," Price stated.
Lin, who emerged from obscurity to become a worldwide sporting phenom during his tenure with the New York Knicks, could re-unite with his former head coach Mike D'Antoni. With the Lakers having problems keeping their playmakers healthy, Lin might come as a savior once again to D'Antoni in the second half of the season.
"The Lakers have been in a downward spiral all season with a plethora of injuries affecting their backcourt. Their three top point guards in Steve Nash, Jordan Farmar, and Steve Blake have since returned from lengthy injury hiatuses, but it's unclear how long any of the three will remain healthy," Price stated.
Aside from the Lakers and the Bulls, there are few teams (the Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors and the Charlotte Bobcats) that could have a shot at Lin by trade deadline.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet