Jeremy Lin Trade Update: L.A Lakers, Chicago Bulls Front-Runners to Get Linsanity Before Feb 20 Deadline
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 9, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin has recently found his groove after going inconsistent for the past two months, and his strong play as of late has alerted potential trade deadline partners, such as the Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Lakers.
Lin is putting up solid numbers as of late since getting solid playing time from the Rockets coaching staff. In fact, the former Harvard hot shot pulled off his first triple-double game (15 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in win against the Cleveland Cavaliers) during the stretch and made the most of his time on the floor as a scorer and ball facilitator.
According to several NBA insiders, the 25-year-old Lin has boosted up his trade value with barely two weeks left in the trade deadline. International Business Times correspondent Greg Price believed the Lakers and the Bulls could hammer a deal with the Rockets for the versatile point guard.
"Two teams in dire need of both scoring and more backcourt depth are the Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls, who have coincidentally been linked to numerous trade rumors all season," Price stated in his latest article.
Running with the Bulls
Lin has been linked as potential trade deadline acquisition for the Bulls, who direly need the help of guard capable of carrying the scoring load and orchestrating offensive sets. There will be lots of questions surrounding the health of Derrick Rose moving forward, and Lin could be a very solid insurance for the Bulls, if the former MVP falls down again with another injury.
"The Bulls are dead last in the NBA in points per game, and could use Lin's playmaking and scoring abilities. The only drawback being the final year of Lin's contract, worth $8.3 million in the 2014-15 season. However that could be seen as a bargain and extra insurance with Rose's health possibly an issue for the rest of his career," Price stated.
Lin, who emerged from obscurity to become a worldwide sporting phenom during his tenure with the New York Knicks, could re-unite with his former head coach Mike D'Antoni. With the Lakers having problems keeping their playmakers healthy, Lin might come as a savior once again to D'Antoni in the second half of the season.
"The Lakers have been in a downward spiral all season with a plethora of injuries affecting their backcourt. Their three top point guards in Steve Nash, Jordan Farmar, and Steve Blake have since returned from lengthy injury hiatuses, but it's unclear how long any of the three will remain healthy," Price stated.
Aside from the Lakers and the Bulls, there are few teams (the Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors and the Charlotte Bobcats) that could have a shot at Lin by trade deadline.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display