Boxing News 2014: Roach Pushing Pacquiao to KO Bradley, But Manny Loses to Miss USA Erin Brady in Pillow Fight (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 9, 2014 7:29 PM EST
There are speculations in the boxing world that eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao has lost his killer instinct. Among the reasons why such point of view is prevailing among boxing observers is his last knockout was in 2010 against Puerto Rican pugilist Miguel Cotto.
However, Manny's coach, Freddie Roach, believes otherwise and is pushing Pacquiao to prove them wrong by knocking out Timothy Bradley in their forthcoming bout on April 12.
The two boxers are in a two-city promo tour of the U.S. to drum up interest in their match.
Pacquiao had been quoted as saying earlier that he would bring back "the young, aggressive Manny Pacquiao" in his return match with Bradley, to whom he lost in a controversial match and decision in November 2013 in Macau.
"When Manny hurt Bradley the first time, he didn't bother to finish him and thought it was enough to win a decision. I disagree with that," ABS-CBN quoted Roach.
Among the reasons that the Filipino champion has not knocked out any of his ring opponents the past four years is compassion and his becoming a born-again Christian. But Roach said he would change Manny's outlook.
"I know Manny's very big into the Bible. I'm not going to win an argument with the Bible. But the thing is, there's a lot of violence in the Bible and there's a lot of killer instinct in the Bible. To do my job correctly, I've got to point these things out to Manny, that there is killer instinct in the Bible, also. That's what most wars are fought about, religion," he explained.
He said that since Pacquiao wants to return to being on top of the boxing world, the way to do it is to knock out his opponents and be impressive, Roach said.
However, there is one fight and opponent that Pacquiao would willingly take blows - that is a pillow fight with Miss USA 2013 Erin Brady as his opponent.
The pillow fight is actually part of the promotion for his April 12 fight against Bradley, the current World Boxing Organisation welterweight champion.
While the beauty queen from Connecticut was aggressive, Manny just tried to dodge her pillow hits, resulting in Brady being declared winner after two rounds that last 20 seconds each.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?