Flappy Bird Will be Removed from iOS and Android Stores, says Creator
By Aditya Bhat | February 9, 2014 6:33 PM EST
Sad news greets the players of the new addictive mobile game Flappy Bird, as its Vietnam-based developer Dong Nguyen has announced plans of removing the game from iOS and Android app stores in 22 hours.
Flappy Bird is the new sensational game on mobile devices.
"I am sorry 'Flappy Bird' users, 22 hours from now, I will take 'Flappy Bird' down. I cannot take this anymore," said Nguyen in a tweet that has sent shock waves across the gaming community.
Nguyen stated in another tweet that the decision "is not anything related to legal issues. I just cannot keep it anymore." He also said that he is not selling the game, and added that he will continue to make games.
Flappy Bird, which has been in stores since mid-2013, picked up of late and has been making $50,000 a day in ad revenue, The Verge reported. The game is pretty difficult but players keep on trying to make high scores.
The game has been trending on Twitter and has topped the free games list on both iOS App Store and Google Play. It has been downloaded more than 50 million times.
Flappy Bird has a simple design with Mario-esque environments, where players try to tap the fluffy bird safely through rows of pipes.
The creator had previously spoken about a sequel to the game in an interview. However, he has now stated that he detests the fame and the crazy media attention, that he is getting now.
"Press people are overrating the success of my games. It is something I never want. Please give me peace," he tweeted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28