Flappy Bird Will be Removed from iOS and Android Stores, says Creator
By Aditya Bhat | February 9, 2014 6:33 PM EST
Sad news greets the players of the new addictive mobile game Flappy Bird, as its Vietnam-based developer Dong Nguyen has announced plans of removing the game from iOS and Android app stores in 22 hours.
Flappy Bird is the new sensational game on mobile devices.
"I am sorry 'Flappy Bird' users, 22 hours from now, I will take 'Flappy Bird' down. I cannot take this anymore," said Nguyen in a tweet that has sent shock waves across the gaming community.
Nguyen stated in another tweet that the decision "is not anything related to legal issues. I just cannot keep it anymore." He also said that he is not selling the game, and added that he will continue to make games.
Flappy Bird, which has been in stores since mid-2013, picked up of late and has been making $50,000 a day in ad revenue, The Verge reported. The game is pretty difficult but players keep on trying to make high scores.
The game has been trending on Twitter and has topped the free games list on both iOS App Store and Google Play. It has been downloaded more than 50 million times.
Flappy Bird has a simple design with Mario-esque environments, where players try to tap the fluffy bird safely through rows of pipes.
The creator had previously spoken about a sequel to the game in an interview. However, he has now stated that he detests the fame and the crazy media attention, that he is getting now.
"Press people are overrating the success of my games. It is something I never want. Please give me peace," he tweeted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia