Flappy Bird Will be Removed from iOS and Android Stores, says Creator
By Aditya Bhat | February 9, 2014 6:33 PM EST
Sad news greets the players of the new addictive mobile game Flappy Bird, as its Vietnam-based developer Dong Nguyen has announced plans of removing the game from iOS and Android app stores in 22 hours.
Flappy Bird is the new sensational game on mobile devices.
"I am sorry 'Flappy Bird' users, 22 hours from now, I will take 'Flappy Bird' down. I cannot take this anymore," said Nguyen in a tweet that has sent shock waves across the gaming community.
Nguyen stated in another tweet that the decision "is not anything related to legal issues. I just cannot keep it anymore." He also said that he is not selling the game, and added that he will continue to make games.
Flappy Bird, which has been in stores since mid-2013, picked up of late and has been making $50,000 a day in ad revenue, The Verge reported. The game is pretty difficult but players keep on trying to make high scores.
The game has been trending on Twitter and has topped the free games list on both iOS App Store and Google Play. It has been downloaded more than 50 million times.
Flappy Bird has a simple design with Mario-esque environments, where players try to tap the fluffy bird safely through rows of pipes.
The creator had previously spoken about a sequel to the game in an interview. However, he has now stated that he detests the fame and the crazy media attention, that he is getting now.
"Press people are overrating the success of my games. It is something I never want. Please give me peace," he tweeted.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar