Thomas Cook to Merge with Sterling Holiday in $140 Million Deal
February 9, 2014 5:44 PM EST
A construction worker stands on scaffolding in front of a branch of Thomas Cook in London. Reuters
The deal will be structured in a multi-stage process in which 100 shares of Sterling (STRT.BO) will be swapped for 120 shares of Thomas Cook (India) (THOM.NS).
Thomas Cook, in a statement, said it will first make a preferential allotment for 23.24 percent of Sterling at about 1.9 billion rupees and will then purchase another 23.63 percent of Sterling for 2.7 billion rupees.
This will be followed by a mandatory open offer for buying up to 26 percent stake for 2.3 billion rupees. Thomas Cook will also have the option to buy an additional 7.2 percent for 630 million rupees.
The merger, which is expected to close by the fourth quarter of 2014, will give Thomas Cook access to Sterling Resorts' 19 properties in 16 holiday destinations across India.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date