Valentine’s Day: Top 5 Things to Avoid Doing on 14 February
By Keerthi Mohan | February 9, 2014 5:00 PM EST
Most men are not into public displays of affection and cringe at the thought of acting mushy to please their loved ones. But with Valentine’s Day round the corner, men are sure to get emotionally blackmailed to make the occasion a memorable one.
Here are a few tips on what not to do this Valentine’s Day.
Do not pressurize: Do not over-hype Valentine’s Day. Girls have a tendency to constantly call or text their partners to remind them how special the day is. But this can only lead to the guy being pressurized.
Do not propose: Valentine’s Day is supposed to be all about love, agreed. But generally, it is a bad idea to get down on your knee and pop the question on the day. Why? Because in most cases, men feel they are under a lot of pressure to do so. A proposal on Valentine’s Day is expected, is a cliché, and is uninspired.
Do not gift exercise equipment: Gifts can be a tricky aspect of Valentine’s Day. An exercise or gym machine might send out the wrong message to the girl you are trying to woo. Girls might construe it as an indication that the guy wants them to lose weight, and it is absolutely not what you want your partner to think on Valentine’s Day.
Do not suggest spending the day with friends: While it is a great idea to spend the day of love with a close friend when you are single, it is definitely not a wise move to suggest the same when a significant other is in the picture. Women tend to look at Valentine’s Day as an occasion when only they are allowed to be pampered. So, to avoid trouble in paradise, it’s best to ditch your friends on Valentine’s Day, and concentrate on your loved one.
Do not go on a first date: It is a bad, bad idea to go on your first date on Valentine’s Day, simply for the reason that expectations are usually high on what is considered to be the most romantic day of the year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch