Valentine’s Day: Top 5 Things to Avoid Doing on 14 February
By Keerthi Mohan | February 9, 2014 5:00 PM EST
Most men are not into public displays of affection and cringe at the thought of acting mushy to please their loved ones. But with Valentine’s Day round the corner, men are sure to get emotionally blackmailed to make the occasion a memorable one.
Here are a few tips on what not to do this Valentine’s Day.
Do not pressurize: Do not over-hype Valentine’s Day. Girls have a tendency to constantly call or text their partners to remind them how special the day is. But this can only lead to the guy being pressurized.
Do not propose: Valentine’s Day is supposed to be all about love, agreed. But generally, it is a bad idea to get down on your knee and pop the question on the day. Why? Because in most cases, men feel they are under a lot of pressure to do so. A proposal on Valentine’s Day is expected, is a cliché, and is uninspired.
Do not gift exercise equipment: Gifts can be a tricky aspect of Valentine’s Day. An exercise or gym machine might send out the wrong message to the girl you are trying to woo. Girls might construe it as an indication that the guy wants them to lose weight, and it is absolutely not what you want your partner to think on Valentine’s Day.
Do not suggest spending the day with friends: While it is a great idea to spend the day of love with a close friend when you are single, it is definitely not a wise move to suggest the same when a significant other is in the picture. Women tend to look at Valentine’s Day as an occasion when only they are allowed to be pampered. So, to avoid trouble in paradise, it’s best to ditch your friends on Valentine’s Day, and concentrate on your loved one.
Do not go on a first date: It is a bad, bad idea to go on your first date on Valentine’s Day, simply for the reason that expectations are usually high on what is considered to be the most romantic day of the year.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- Thai’s Crackdown on Commercial Surrogacy Exposes Aussie Couple’s Appalling Deed
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- Australian Wanted Man Threatens Terror in Australia, Demands Release of Muslim Prisoners
- 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower vs. Supermoon: Best to View Meteor Shower Display before August 12 to 13 Peak
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools